GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    So if I put the diode in from high to DRL and to low beam, my high beams and drl's are on with my low beams, and when I flick to my high beams, my high's come on alone....I'm confused!
    Nevermind, figured out that I am a retard and put the diodes from High to Low to DRL in backwards. Got it all figured out now!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	399882_10151244840155534_883940533_22989461_1386388213_n.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	34303
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

glad you got it worked out
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    Thanks for the link dsfloyd. Great write up there. I want to do this with my 2007 Silverado Classic. It seems like the same set up, but then there is this "IMPORTANT NOTE: This will NOT work for 2002 or 2007+ models..." I will have to dig around the fuse box and check it out tomorrow. Anyone know why this may not work in the 02 & 07 models? I know this is for an Avalanche, but it seems to be the same set up as my silverado. If anyone knows more about this please fill me in because I would like to do the all on hi. Or at least do the fogs on with the high beams. I do overnight trips to Michigan a couple times a year so they would be nice on the quiet highways and back roads. Thanks
    Will this work for the old style 99 Suburbans? Saw a mod on another forum using a relay but haven't tried it. The diodes look easier to install.
    Thanks,
    Al

I don't know the 99 fuse box well enough to say...but it did NOT work for my 2001 Silverado. If yours is set up for separate relays for high and low beam, then it should work. My 2001 seems to be set up for left and right rather than high and low.
    Everyone should own a Ford once in their life....how else can you truly appreciate a Chevy?

Quote Originally Posted by al1701 View Post
    Will this work for the old style 99 Suburbans? Saw a mod on another forum using a relay but haven't tried it. The diodes look easier to install.
    Thanks,
    Al
    It won't work for the 99's. I believe @nakranij did a different mod to achieve the same effect on his Silvy and I know it wasn't diode-based. (It could have been the relay mod of you spoke.)

I just did this to my 04 avalanche and will use.it a lot when I am varmint hunting at night but will I need to install a bigger alternator firing time running or is it OK just the way it is? I don't wanna be stuck out in the middle of a ranch with no service and no vehicles for several miles away.

They keep saying the right person will come. I think mine is my truck.

"No offense" means "I'm about to insult you,but don't get mad."

my truck with the aftermarket housings uses the same bulb housing for hi/lo with a dual filament bulb i believe, its a bit larger than the stock bulbs and there's 2 wire connectors coming out of it that both your hi and lo wiring harness attatch to.

My question is, already understanding its at my own risk, would it work to have both filaments in the same bulb come on? would it be beneficial at all or just a waste? also if this will do damage to the bulbs suchas overheating i obviously would like to know about it lol.

with my bumper i deleted my fogs but so im thinking that the only part of this mod that i'll be able to utilize is to have my DRL's come on full time, in which this thread and link is very useful and i plan on doing.

Agree that it should be sticky'd!

I have not done any diod mod/relay mode because I went the HID route and don't want to blind people with both highs and lows on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSmoke* View Post
    I just did this to my 04 avalanche and will use.it a lot when I am varmint hunting at night but will I need to install a bigger alternator firing time running or is it OK just the way it is? I don't wanna be stuck out in the middle of a ranch with no service and no vehicles for several miles away.
    you shouldnt need to run a larger alternator with this mod. I only have the fog/hi/lo combo so my drl's turn off but never had an issue and have had this setup for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I have not done any diod mod/relay mode because I went the HID route and don't want to blind people with both highs and lows on at the same time.

You should have no problem with blinding people as all the lights are only on when tge hi's are on...I just did this mod in less than ten minutes. And set so that when the lo's are on its just my lo's and Drl's are on....When I set my high beams on both the hi, lo's and the driving lights are on.
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234