GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Diode Conversion for All Lights On High Beams

Just a question to a mod. Its just a link to a pdf but its a great write up on how to do the whole fog/low/high/drl and combo in between for the headlights being on

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...tdrlnstall.pdf
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

X2....On The Write-up being A Sticky.....Best one I have seen,Nicely Done.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

i also thought this was a good idea, but make sure you do it right or you will be without lights at night, and cops love that!!!!

Thanks for the link dsfloyd. Great write up there. I want to do this with my 2007 Silverado Classic. It seems like the same set up, but then there is this "IMPORTANT NOTE: This will NOT work for 2002 or 2007+ models..." I will have to dig around the fuse box and check it out tomorrow. Anyone know why this may not work in the 02 & 07 models? I know this is for an Avalanche, but it seems to be the same set up as my silverado. If anyone knows more about this please fill me in because I would like to do the all on hi. Or at least do the fogs on with the high beams. I do overnight trips to Michigan a couple times a year so they would be nice on the quiet highways and back roads. Thanks
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Did this mod tonight. Everything was the exact same on my 07 classic. Works good and it was an easy install. Took about 20 minutes with me going extra slow and double checking everything. Getting the relays back in was a squeeze but that was about the hardest part. I'm not too sure if I am going to keep the Full DTRL, but I love the All On Hi already...
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

i did this mod too. i will have to upload pics asap! lol

Jon

Glad the mod worked on the 07 friggin noodles. yeah when I did mine I didnt do the DRL's on all the time. just did fog on with low, lows/highs/fogs on.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Would like to do this on my 97 silverado but I don't kno how. I want to do it this way instead og confusing wiring lol

I've been irritated by having to manually turn my fog lamps on each time I start the truck at night and the instructions provided here allowed me to ascertain how to have fog lamps automatically come on with low beams ... as well as have my low beams remain on when my high beams are engaged. The entire process from start to finish took me less than 10 minutes (including testing). I didn't bother with DRL's because they're not bright enough to be relevant in my equation...

I agree this should be stickied, because anyone who can read and follow directions can get this done ... and someone with half a brain can pick/choose which portions of it are relevant to him/her and do only those pieces. The link provided by dsfloyd provides instructions on what to get (specific diodes), how to prepare them (heat shrink and trim them), and perfect step-by-step instructions on how to install them.

Much thanks for the link!
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 11-09-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Anyone do this with a newer truck? I have an 11 and would like to have the fogs come on automatically.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast