GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Sad day or new begining?!?!?

well i called a buddy of mine that works a car dealership and they bought my truck from me today. paid it off and then some. so now i'm truck less :( but i've already started looking for a new one and new project. Looking for a 95-99 chevy/gmc extended cab 4x4. then the fun begins again this one is hoping to have 38's, 6" susp 3" body. since its going to be pretty much a play toy i'm going to go alittle big this time. so i ask the question should i feel bad about selling my truck or happy to start a new project?!?!?!?

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

A little of both. But if you want to go big I would suggest a solid front axle (pre 90). be much cheaper to lift up and you can do it all suspension instead of a combo. the ifs doesnt do too well with really large tires. that solid front axle you can get 10-12" inches of lift, steering stablilizers and run the nice big tires much easier and cheaper. Just my .02 but have fun with whatever new project you start. will look forward to seeing what you do.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

New beginings new challenges, it's all a learning experience.

Master Mechanic

i like the solid front axle trucks but one reason for selling my truck was to get and extended cab for the family to ride with as well. i may only go with 35 but am definetly going with 6" and 3" lifts.

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ive gone thru alot of trucks in the 10 years that i have been driving. And then some before i could even drive on the road.. I say its a new begining every time. Always fun to start with a new project. And id for sure go with an extcab, and if you can a 96-99 with the Vortec, and the third door. Trust me you will want the 3rd door if you plan to use the back seat at all. and the Vortec is a LOT more motor. Oh and my last thought go with a 3/4 or 1ton with the 454 since it going to be more of a play toy, since that will give you more power and a heavier duty platform to begin with! And then go Crew cab since i havent really seen any HD chevys of that vintage with a third door.
    but no matter what good luck and you still gotta keep us up todate!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I'm with you on the extra room , but I would look forward to the new project , color,wheels,lift,exhaust, and so much more