GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Here ya go...I purchased a new 2010 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L in March.

I love the truck, but it has been a nightmare ever since! 1st night I drove it home from the dealership, it started smoking very very badly. The next morning it went back to the dealership on a rolloff where they had to replace all 16 lifters (was without a truck for a week).

The collapsable lifters these have in them for the Active Fuel Management I think is the problem. Next I noticed my steering tires were cupping badly, dealer said camber, caster, & towend were all out from the factory, which took 2 new tires and an alignment. Brakes started squealing bad, so dealer turned rotors which cured problem for a month-&-half....back to squealing again.

I noticed that the truck started idling rough, almost "hiccupping" when I was sitting still. Check engine light came on and showed a random misfire code. Dealer said my #7 spark plug was fouled out (covered in oil), so they replaced it and said GM wanted me to drive it and see if it happened again, because they were not sure what the problem was. Well, it happened again, the check engine light came on and Onstar diagnostics said same thing, (random misfire code).

I called dealership immediately....before I could get it scheduled in it blew the #4 spark plug clean out of the block, which left me stranded 2-1/2 hours until roadside assistance could come get me & the truck. I have had a few small petty things go wrong, but is to be expected with any new vehicle.

I truly think I have lemon on my hands, but I have 16,800 miles on the truck, and Ohio lemon law covers a vehicle up to 1 year or 18,000 miles, so I am very close to losing out on that law. I am going to contact some lemon law attorneys, but I am sure this will be drug out. Sorry to sound like a whining dog but I spent hard earned money to purchase this truck, I do not want this to nickel & dime me to death after warranties have run out.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Mark Schlabach

You should win a lemon law IMO. I bought a 2003 Silverado 2500HD with about 65K miles two and half years ago, I'm now just over 81K and haven't had half the problems you have. A 2010 truck shouldn't be experiencing all of those problems, you need to get your money back.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

I have similar rough idle on my '08. Not quite 30k miles on it yet. Doesn't seem to affect performance, but I notice it at stoplights.
    2008 Blue Granite W/T
    ✔ Line-X
    ✔ Leveling Kit
    ✔ K&N Air Filter
    ✔ Bed Rail Caps
    ✔ 265/70R18 Michelin LTX M/S2
    ✔ All 4 Infinity Kappa Speakers
    ✔ Sound Ordnance B-8PT Powered Sub
    ✔ JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 Head Unit + GMOS

One thing I noticed on my '08 4.8L truck that has been happening since new, is when sitting at a stoplight, It'll feel like someone bumped into me from behind. The first time it happened I looked in my mirror and there wasn't anyone there. Weird?!

Blog Entries

Default 03 will not idle

the 03 does not have a idle up solenoid so it depends on the space around the butterfly for air when it is idling if it is dirty you will have these problems clean with rag an carb cleaner

Hey guys, I have an update for this thread. I got this letter from Chevrolet a few days ago and it seems to address this issue exactly. I scanned it in so you guys can see what I see. I've yet to take my truck in for the repair though.

2008 Silverado Recall Letter

i have a rough idle on my truck too. the motor thats in it is from a 2006 truck and i have engine codes that are telling me both banks are running lean and i have a multiple missfire. this didnt start until i changed my plug wires and went from an 8mm wire to a 7mm wire. so what daweinah posted im going to have to agree with.
    2000 single cab short bed 1500 w/ 6.0 vortec maxx swap from a 2006 2500, custom intake, slotted brakes, shorty headers, 8mm wires, electric fan, strait piped, 4.5 inch lift, asp pulleys, true dual through body exhaust, built trans w/ shift kit, custom tune ... 320rwhp

Jr. Apprentice

I seem to have a hesitation/misfire problem on my 95 gmc 1/2 ton truck. it does it the most when in park not much when accelerating but i just tried dripping sea foam into the throttle body and dumped the other half of the can in my fuel tank. any other ideas?..

My 2008 Silverado idles weird at stop lights too.. I went to the chevy dealer and asked them about that no charge fix and they never heard anything about it.. Maybe GM Canada doesnt cover it.. I emailed GM to see if they could help me out. Ill try cleaning the MAF sensor to see if that helps.

Keith-Fredericton NB
    2008 Silverado Extcab 4x4 5.3L Z71

Quote Originally Posted by babinke View Post
    My 2008 Silverado idles weird at stop lights too.. I went to the chevy dealer and asked them about that no charge fix and they never heard anything about it.. Maybe GM Canada doesnt cover it.. I emailed GM to see if they could help me out. Ill try cleaning the MAF sensor to see if that helps.
    Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.