GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default I hit the 300,000 km milestone

Almost two weeks ago now - just got around to posting about it. I hit 300,000 km (186,411 mi) on the good old 2001 Silverado. I have to say, its been super reliable - never left anyone stranded, and any work it has needed has been the type of work that could be done when we had the time.

I was thinking of selling it, but it has a lot of sentimental value as my first vehicle, and doesn't hold the same sale value that I would need to get from it anyway. It's been an amazingly reliable truck so far, so I think I will probably end up holding onto it for a while and picking up a second vehicle.

Long Live My Silverado! (or Colonel Sam as my friends call it)

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Take care of it, it will last another 100K easy. We have 195,000 miles on the daily driver. 96 Tahoe with 350. Runs great.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

How does it go, If I knew then what I know now. Your first vehicle ? my first 3 (1965 SS Impala convertible) (1965 Corvette) Both 327's. 3rd ( 1970 SS 396) I know you cant keep them all. I would bet at lest one of these are still on the road. Chevy's forever.

That is really cool,congratulations Colonel Sam!I hope with the regular maintenance that i do on my truck my Silverado will last that long.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    That is really cool,congratulations Colonel Sam!I hope with the regular maintenance that i do on my truck my Silverado will last that long.
    My truck really wasn't maintained before I got it - stepdad worked it hard and his idea of maintenance is oil changes only, so I'm actually a bit surprised with how reliable it has been. If you take good care of it, you should be able to get just as much or more trouble free use out of it.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Congrats
    I have 215,000 miles on my 1998 Suburban.I bought it 3.5 years ago with 195,000 miles on it($2950). The PO obviously maintained it pretty well.
    Yeah, that is the problem with high mile vehicles- you know it is reliable, so it is worth X dollars to you. A buyer just sees a high mile vehicle, so it isn't worth much. If I knew the vehicle was going to be this reliable, I would have been willing to pay more, but you just don't know that.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Yeah, that is the problem with high mile vehicles- you know it is reliable, so it is worth X dollars to you. A buyer just sees a high mile vehicle, so it isn't worth much. If I knew the vehicle was going to be this reliable, I would have been willing to pay more, but you just don't know that.
    Don't give GM any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Congrats
    I have 215,000 miles on my 1998 Suburban.I bought it 3.5 years ago with 195,000 miles on it($2950). The PO obviously maintained it pretty well.
    That is true. Add that to the fact that I have over $5,000 in receipts between brakes, suspension work, and other things that have worn out and have been replaced within the last year and a half, and that it has a $1,000 sound system, the 20" wheels/tires and everything else with it. I only want to get $5,000 back out of it, which I don't think is too much to ask - any less and I'm practically giving the truck away.

Oh well, their loss, my reliable truck.
    Last edited by pmf608; 10-16-2010 at 10:04 PM.