GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

yeah, need to use the dataviewer and laptop to get AFR, as you discovered...

here's info on logging too: http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=917

you have to use the predator to modify the tune for things like your shift firmness and what not... and you can't do it on the fly, you'll brick your pcm... hehe... can't have the engine running when you flash it... the trinity works the same way - you can't do it on the fly, and the trinity doesn't support your older 2004 truck anyway...

the "external" is for if you had external sensors being input, such as a separate wideband O2 sensor...

the "DMR" is another set of engine diagnostic parameters, like PID's... may not be available for your particular vehicle...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

well not being able to change things while driving makes sense, not to mention it would be like texing and driving!! the reason that i mentioned that is i know that there was a reporgrammer (bully dog, i think) that was able to turn the power up on a dodge ram w/ the cummins with the turn of a knob (mounted in cab) on the fly, my buddy used to have one. but i think that was more hardware based rather than flashing the pcm. thanks for the above link. also would my predeator be able to datalog from my dads 03 dakota, obviously i know i cant tune it, but wasnt sure the the logging functions worked on other vehicles and or brands for diagnostic purposes.
    Last edited by wolfmann; 10-24-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    Don't Run Your Fingers Over My Truck And I Promise Not To Run My Truck Over Your Fingers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmann View Post
    well not being able to change things while driving makes sense, not to mention it would be like texing and driving!! the reason that i mentioned that is i know that there was a reporgrammer (bully dog, i think) that was able to turn the power up on a dodge ram w/ the cummins with the turn of a knob (mounted in cab) on the fly, my buddy used to have one. but i think that was more hardware based rather than flashing the pcm. thanks for the above link. also would my predeator be able to datalog from my dads 03 dakota, obviously i know i cant tune it, but wasnt sure the the logging functions worked on other vehicles and or brands for diagnostic purposes.

no... your predator will only be able to data log other GM vehicles... it does not have the programming/PID's in it for Dodge - it is a GM tool...

ok thats cool. quick question just got done with a good data log to adjust injector slope, and logredux told me to adjust slope to -7. adjusted the slope and havent driven the truck yet, but let it ilde for a few, is it normal for the truck to act as if its stumbling off idle when initally started and\or slightly reved? thought this maybe the computer trying to learn the new program. and what is the difference between diablo tune and hp tune, is it like balls to the wall mode? i know that you have better things to do than "tutor" me on all this but i appreciate your time. also i cant upload the log file as it is too big (316k) but if you need to see it i would be more than happy to emial it. the tune that i used is the diablo tune 91/97 with injector slope set to -7 and adjusted the shift firmness on part throttle and wot. logredux said the injector slope was 7 before the adjustment
    Last edited by wolfmann; 10-26-2010 at 03:41 AM.

the "factory hp tune" is just a copy of your original stock GM tune... for people that just want to make changes to their stock original tune and not add any of the diablo changes...

the Diablo Tune is a performance tune made for 91/93 octane gas...

yeah, any time you flash the pcm, learned items, such as emissions readiness tests, learned fueling (trims), idle, etc, all get reset and have to be relearned by the pcm... everything will settle back into place shortly... ;)

ok thx for letting me know that the truck will be ok. as far as the tunes go i have the option for factory hp, 87 tune, diablo tune, and hp tune? looked at the diablo site and the 87 tine only works on trucks.
    Last edited by wolfmann; 10-26-2010 at 10:58 AM.

after i get the injecter slope and all that set where they need to be would i use the same settings for other tunes like the 87octane tune, or do i have to go thru all the logging again? now if i mod the engine i know that ill have too

you can use the same setting...

Jr. Apprentice

96 silverados had a pcm problem that would cook the trannys. The pcm internal grounds would break loose and ruin the trans. There was and updated pcm and a new harness to fix the concern. I've had hypertech and edge and I was really pleased with both until I went to a custom tuned pcm. That will make the most difference

right on! as far as the pcm for the 96's cooking the trans the truck i traded for this one was a 96 shortbed std cab 5.7L i never had any probs with it except that i liked to chew thru alternators, thank god for lifetime warranty parts. i think that i went thru 13 alteranators in 10 years of ownership with that truck, never could figure out why it kept burnin them up either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123