GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Apprentice

SO i finally figured it out (a while back just now updating). Stupid TPS was bad. Replaced TPS. Truck ran like a raped ape! Sweet! less than two days later.........TRANS WENT OUT!!! I think its the 3-4 clutch pack. got 1 and 2 and R but no D or OD. No tools to do it myself so I took it to a buddys shop. When he pulled it he said to stop by and look. I looked. It was the ORIGINAL torque converter, and as far as he can tell, noone has been inside the trans at all. Truck has 530K (about 355K on motor) and this is possibly the first time the trans has been disassembled? I have a new respect for the 700R4 cause I have beat this truck up! Towed a track-hoe all thu the mountains many times. Overloaded trailers with firewood. My truck is old, ugly, has wind leaks in the windows, slight water leak from windshield.......but "you could set my truck on fire and push it down a hill but I still wouldnt trade it four a coupe de ville"

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Wow
    Sure seems like the TPS is a fairly common cause for "bad running poor FE"

Stephan- Your Ducks lucked out! They might really get lucky when Cam Newton is declared not eligible. There is almost certainly something going on at Auburn. I really kinda like Auburn-hate Alabama- but looks like Auburn is going down-eventually.
    Cam Newton will be playing on Sunday next year.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend
    Blog Entries

Slimey,
    Agreed, the 700R4 is a great trans. Jet built one for me 9 years ago for heavy towing (6-7,000 lbs. 12,500 GVW) also up in the mountains, & it's still perfect. Also hauled many cords of wood, & load after load of
    1 1/2"-minus rock for my 100 yard long driveway. (5,000 lb. loads by accident lol) I could have had them do the T-400 but I wanted the O.D. for mileage.

Charlie,
    You're right. That's the Ducks worst showing all year. Cal always plays tough at home, & the Ducks always overlook them. I'm glad they haven't suffered the #1 jinx like the last 3. I think Newton will be fine. Nothing happend at Auburn, it was all @ Mississippi, & Cam can't be held responsible for what his dad did (IF he even did.. It could all be b.s.). I think he'll be fine & I wish everybody would just drop it & let him play without all the yada yada. The N.C.A.A. is not without their own corruption.....
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12