GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Programmer Questions

I have a 2010 silverado with a 5.3L. I was talking to a guy I know about putting programmers on 2010 and up trucks and he told me that you can't do it anymore because after you run it for a while and the computer notices that the parameters have been changed that it will shut of the truck and you will have to have it towed to the factory to have a new computer put in the truck and your warranty will be voided. Doesn't really seem right to me since there are companies out there making programmers for these trucks. So is this true or does he not have a clue what he is talking about. Also what do you think is the best programmer for this truck? I was looking at Edge Products.
    Thanks in advanced,
    Kyle

This doesn't seem right to me either. As long as the product fits your model it should definitely work. Also I agree with the edge products and also look into diablosport. Edge has a lot of nice features but diablosport gives you more options. i just got a diablosport and noticed major differences. The main reason I got it though was because you can upload custom tunes as you modify your vehicle. Something to think about!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Blog Entries

x2 on the Diablo...I just got one too and so far, I am very impressed with it. Lots to learn though for me, so I'm still not sure of all it can do.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Ha same here. I just learned I can adjust the tire size the other day! owners manual doesn't tell much about what it can do.

Legend

Blog Entries

No, it doesn't....I try to pop in their forum every now and then to see what addlt info I can pick up.

Well shoot I forgot they had a forum! Thats a good idear!

hahaha... no, that's not one bit true... think of all the dead vehicles there'd be on the road if they stopped working after you tuned 'em... hehe...

go for the diablo Trinity... and check out their forums as well! ;)
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

It makes you wonder where people get some of their information from. The guy flat out told him that a programmer would cause a problem, not that it may cause a problem; misinformed people I guess. Anyways, go with Diablo products. I would recommend this programmer to anyone.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

I did not here that the tuck will stall and you will need a cnew computer but I did here that GM will recognize if you did install a programmer thwerefore your warrant would be void. I think this is true for the camaro and corvette...... I would love to find this out for sur esince I am also in desperate need of more ponies!! Any advice would be much appreciated.....

Thanks,

Dahlonega Ga, way up in them good ole mountains.
    Blog Entries

how much horse and ftlbs can you get with a programmer on them new chevorlets??..ive always had atlanta pcms tune my stuff for me, he can monitor everything, change when the tq converter locks up, change the 02 sensor curve for more power,and then adjusts the timing about three degrees and leans it out..he also made my a/c kick of at a lower rpm at wot, adjust shift patters and he even adjusted mine for the amount of ethenol they are putting in the gas..i would check into a custom tune..they are cheaper and them guys really know what they are doing when it comes to that i paid 250, and for 2000 and up its 200 because the newer trucks are easier to tune then the 5.7 vortec
    Bo Woody:sign0173:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by