GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Overhead DVD Screen

hey guys i'm looking at buying an extended cab truck and i'm wanting to put an overhead dvd player and screen in the back for my daughter. i have no idea how to mount it to the roof. i'm good with the wiring and everything like that but the actual mount to the ceiling i have no idea how they actually mount. any advice or someone thats put on in could help me would be great. its possibly going in a 1993 x cab silverado.

thanks

andy

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    hey guys i'm looking at buying an extended cab truck and i'm wanting to put an overhead dvd player and screen in the back for my daughter. i have no idea how to mount it to the roof. i'm good with the wiring and everything like that but the actual mount to the ceiling i have no idea how they actually mount. any advice or someone thats put on in could help me would be great. its possibly going in a 1993 x cab silverado.

thanks

andy

Andy,

Mine is attached to a board in between the headliner and roof of the truck.....you may have to cut your headliner for wiring etc.

Personally if I had it to do all over again I would go with the monitors in the headrests. When the monitor is down you cant see out rearview mirror - also I have noticed that the weight of the screen when flippped down makes the headliner sag just enough(not a noticeable sag looking at it) that the board rattles against the roof when you hit a bump in the road or drive down a dirt road.

I plan to redo the cloth interior in leather so I will probably dump the overhead and redo the head liner also.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Master Mechanic

i like the headrest i put them in our van. but the new truck the headrest don't come out they are fully attached the seat. i may have to fix the headliner anyways so i may look into it more then. thanks