GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need New Radiator. Where to Buy? Please Help

Hello, Tahoe enthusiasts!

First things first, I own a 95 Chevy Tahoe LS (4WD baby!, 5.7L V8). For the past 10 years that I've been the proud owner of this Tahoe, it's treated me very well. I haven't any major problems with it thus far, except for now. Just yesterday, my Tahoe overheated while on my way home from work. Immediately, I suspected that the radiator may be to blame. Upon inspecting it, this was confirmed, as the radiator showed signs of coolant leakage as well as damaged fins.

Now, I've got to buy a replacement for my car, which I've decided to buy from online. I've already done some looking around and have found two sites that I will possibly buy from. Before I buy the part though, I'd like some advice from the community. The two sites i'm looking into are:
    http://www.radiatorspot.com/chevrole...ors.html#23197
    and
    http://www.go-part.com/9500-chevrole...r-p-23197.html

Seeing as that I need this part to be replaced as soon as possible, does anyone know which of these two companies offers faster shipping of their parts? Anyone ever dealt with them? Thanks in advance.

sorry havent used either one of those companies. I used an ebay vendor for one I bought and was happy with the quickness. Also check gmparsclub.com. they are a site vendor, not sure of their pricing though.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi Brian,
    Welcome to the GM truck club.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with those sites either. When my radiator blew the plastic tank off it, I bought an all aluminum one from Summitt. It was less than $200. shipping was free & it arrived on the exact day they said it would. (2 days I think)
    Their number is 1-800-230-3030 It's the only place I've ever dealt with online or on the phone so is the only one I could personally recommend.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

x2 on summit! and try jegs as well! I've ordered from them at 8pm and the next day its been at my door at 3

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    x2 on summit! and try jegs as well! I've ordered from them at 8pm and the next day its been at my door at 3
    I agree on Jegs as far as shipping time, if price is not a concern. I like the Coughlins, they are really good people, Jr, Sr, all of them, but every time I have comapared their prices to Summit, Jegs has been more expensive by 10 to 20%. They gotta pay for all those NHRA racecars somehow. lol