GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default yay something new to fix!!!

ok so i was getting done installing my head unit and all of a sudden my overhead lights were'nt working when i tried it out and the HU was not turning on and the Horn is not working. so i think a fuse blew "im hoping" what does everybody think?

Quote Originally Posted by 89suburban350 View Post
    ok so i was getting done installing my head unit and all of a sudden my overhead lights were'nt working when i tried it out and the HU was not turning on and the Horn is not working. so i think a fuse blew "im hoping" what does everybody think?

Most definitely! That year I think the horn, interior lights and cigarette lighter are on same curcuit.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Jr. Mechanic

does anyone have a fuse diagram? and cableguy thx alot that is just the news i wanted to hear

I think its 20amp fuse under dash, should be marked CTSY. I'm drawing from memory here.
    (Courtesy Accessory)
    Last edited by Cableguy; 05-18-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

It's a 20 amp fuse labelled Horn/DM if I'm not mistaken. I blow that fuse all the time because I have a short or something with a cig lighter. every few times that I go to plug my radar detector into it, it blows the fuse, then the cig lighter acts weird. When the overhead lights should be on, the cig lighter has no power, but as soon as the overhead lights are supposed to go out, the lighter comes back on. Weird quirk that I haven't gotten around to resolving with a new cig lighter socket and a relay to pull from the battery directly or something like that.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage