GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unless you know your going to have passengers...you should just take the rearsets off....I did that on my '07 ZX6R and it cleaned up the tail real good. maybe think about an integrated tail light too?? I also mounted my license plate to my swing arm.
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LS K1500
    1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3L 4x4
    2005 Suzuki Forenza (GM/Daewoo)

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    Always seems about the time I get comfortable and in flow with corners there's always gravel around the next corner. I'm used to the rear tire sliding, but when the front tire try's to let loose I get nervous. Talk about pucker factor! I went without a bike for awhile. Couldn't stand it, got the itch, and bought two haha! Here's mine.

2006 CBR 600RR

2008 Yamaha Raider

I love the rr's! they look so good. If I had the money that would have been my choice.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonT View Post
    Unless you know your going to have passengers...you should just take the rearsets off....I did that on my '07 ZX6R and it cleaned up the tail real good. maybe think about an integrated tail light too?? I also mounted my license plate to my swing arm.
    yeah I'm really leaning towards the integrated tails. My rear fairing piece under the seat has a slight crack anyway so I wan't to replace it. I've seen a few plates mounted on the swing arm. Right now mines way way under above the rear fender. I don't know if thats legal haha. I never knew how many people on the site had bikes though!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    Always seems about the time I get comfortable and in flow with corners there's always gravel around the next corner. I'm used to the rear tire sliding, but when the front tire try's to let loose I get nervous. Talk about pucker factor! I went without a bike for awhile. Couldn't stand it, got the itch, and bought two haha! Here's mine.
    When I went down, the front wheel went out from under me...pretty scary!! I'd had the rear of a bike come out a little a couple times, but it was nothing compared to that front end slip feeling. Makes me shudder even thinking about it.

Heres what she used to look like!

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    Clean bike, love the orange rims. I had a 05 GSX-R 600 till this past spring. Was on a real twisty road, came in a little too hot, but I had it fine...till I realized that it was a double apex corner! Tried to slow down, and still woulda been fine had it rained since the snow melted...hit some bad gravel and rock salt left over on the side of the road, layed her right into a guard rail and totaled it. Coulda been so much worse though, guy on a R1 died 2 corners down a couple hours later. Miss having a sport bike real bad still...
    Thanks man. But boy I sure know that feeling. Good thing your ok though! I was so lucky I went into the grass when I laid mine down. My buddy at college wasn't so lucky last tuesday. Just riding on campus and a girl decides she is going to turn left real fast without looking and takes him and his bike out. He can't walk or sleep with his whole left side messed up. Good thing he had a helmet on though. He had a 4'' chunk in his helmet. I've been wearing my helmet everywhere now.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    Nice bike, NTBush. I really like the orange as well. Perfect how the grip tips accent the wheels just right, too. Very sharp.
    Thanks! I knew I had to throw a little orange in there to help match. They were pink before

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12