GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got a new family member

I didn't get the pup I originally wanted my apartments said no since he was a pit. I went to the pound the other day and found a lab mix. She's 7 months old. She was really skiddish and shy the first day I saw her. She would only come up to the front of the cage close enough to sniff me then she would back off. They took her out for me and put us in a room alone together. I got her to come to me a couple times and got a few face kisses. The belly rub did her in though I think she would have laid there all day if I kept doing it. I think someone abused her, she has a couple spots on her face and ear. I went up a second day to see her and she came right up to the cage when she saw me. She got really excited. I was happy to see her that way rather then scared the whole time. My aunt said it was because she remembered me. I believe she has pit mixed in her. The only thing her papers said was she was a lab mix. She has a bit of a pit look in the face and has pointy ears. She's short for being 7 months old for a lab but she's long. I am having problems coming up with a name though. My cat's name is Chevy. I like having unique names for my "children". Someone said on my other thread Silvy and the more I think about it I'm starting to like it. My truck is a silveraldo and that would short for it and kind of girlie. I was trying to think of a name to name her after my truck somehow like I did my cat. I thought of Sierra and Cheyne but that technically wouldn't be named after my truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030310.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	21781f70db6b7-e4a1-4633-aad0-772640a2c262
    Amber- Indiana

1995 Chevy 1500 4X4

congrats on the new pup. I just got a black lab a couple months ago (he is about 1 yr 4 months old). not sure the mix either but someone at a dog park mentioned that english labs tend to have a squarer/block shaped head. My dog has that same shaped head.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Blog Entries

Congrats on the new pet. For a name what about Ruby the color of your truck??

2002 Suburban 4x4 LS 9 Passenger
    1991 Ford F-150

Legend

Blog Entries

Awwww....congrats on the new baby.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Thanks guys. I'm so excited to get her home. It's killing me to have to wait til Friday.

It'll give you that much time to find a really great name for her. I like Silvy...it's cute. Sylvia as her full name?..

Congratulations on the new member to your family!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Congrats on the new pup, I just got a new pup also. A blue merle border collie.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. And good on you for going to the pound to rescue one. I rescued my dog from the SPCA, and I wouldn't do it any other way now.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Congrats on the new pup-looks like a winner.
    How about GM or SBC (small block chevy) ssssbeecee- maybe Vortec(but yours is a TBI right?
    Or fourbyfour, or Black Beauty (she is black) or Beauty or Lucky(she is lucky)
    Our recycled Greyhound is named Phoebe 9heance the Phoebeisis handle-Isis was another recycled greyhound we had- have 4 cats also!

Congrats-show more pictures when you get her!
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast