GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What size of Rims would be best ? What size of tires ?

Hi I am new here. I have a 1998 GMC Sierra Pick-up truck with a 4.3 L V6 Engine. I have ( I think ??? ) are P235 75R15 Goodyear Wrangler Tires on my truck on the orginal rims ( 15 x 7 JJ rims ??? )
    They have 5 lug nuts bolt pattern.

The orginal rims are gets lots of surface rust and I am thinking of buying some new rims to replace them.

My question(s) are as follows:

1. What size of rim should I be looking for ???? ( If I want to keep the same size of current tires on the new rims )

2. If I decide to go to a lower profile tires such as a 60 or 50 series - any suggestions / ideas as to what size of rim / tire combination I would need to go with ???

This truck is a daily driver back and forth to work and I drive approx. 14 miles one way to work each day.
    It is a GMC Sierra 1500, model " SL " - it's a 1998 with only 95K miles on it.

Many thanks for all your help!

David
    Shamokin Dam, PA
    Last edited by DBEATTIE61; 10-24-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention about the lug nuts ! Ooops!

15x8 would give you a good setup as far as availabilityo of sizes you can install. you can still run the 235's but can go up to a 12.5"wide tire if wanted sometime in the future. As far as low profile tires I think most would be an 18+ inch rim.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member