GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default got a great story!!

so my brother in law has wanted a silverado for a bit of time now, and he got the opportunity to pick one up. he had a friend that had a truck sitting for some time that they thought needed a transfer case. It is a 2000 half ton 4wheel drive with the 5.3. Silver truck, really good looking, and one spot of rust on the drivers side rocker panel. Brand new tires and the thing looks cherry. They thought it needed a lot of money put into it for the transfer case, so they told him he could pick it up for 800 bux. He went and test drove it, it has 150k on it. He looked into the truck, figured it was worth the purchase. On his way home the 4 wheel low light popped on, so he stopped to check it out. He switched it from 4 low to 2 wheel drive, and it shifted perfect and switched from 4 to 2 perfect. They didn't know how to switch it from 4 low, as in neutral, so they thought the transfer case was shot. It is perfectly fine. He got an amazing truck for 800 bux that needed nothing!!! what a lucky catch!
    2002 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71, Black with heated leather, moonroof, roof rack, everything :)

Sold :( '93 Silverado K1500, extended cab, 3" body lift, true duals, 3"X14" Polished Stainless tips, no cats, Pacesetter Headers, dynomax muffler, diamond plate toolbox with 3' CB whips on both sides, Clear headlights and directionals- sold with 140k

Haha wow thats amazing! Thats the deal of a life time! hopefully that really was the case!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

im his brother in law i only have two pics up right now.. i just got duals put on it so i will have to update more pics..
    99 silverado 1500 4X4, 5.3, reg cab longbox, Flowmaster duals.

WOW! what a great deal,congrats on the truck.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

thanks. its really nice

Quote Originally Posted by MXZ1983 View Post
    so my brother in law has wanted a silverado for a bit of time now, and he got the opportunity to pick one up. he had a friend that had a truck sitting for some time that they thought needed a transfer case. It is a 2000 half ton 4wheel drive with the 5.3. Silver truck, really good looking, and one spot of rust on the drivers side rocker panel. Brand new tires and the thing looks cherry. They thought it needed a lot of money put into it for the transfer case, so they told him he could pick it up for 800 bux. He went and test drove it, it has 150k on it. He looked into the truck, figured it was worth the purchase. On his way home the 4 wheel low light popped on, so he stopped to check it out. He switched it from 4 low to 2 wheel drive, and it shifted perfect and switched from 4 to 2 perfect. They didn't know how to switch it from 4 low, as in neutral, so they thought the transfer case was shot. It is perfectly fine. He got an amazing truck for 800 bux that needed nothing!!! what a lucky catch!
    Ha!! Hope that transfer case doesn't go out now!!

WOW what an awesome find! Congrats on the new truck!

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey MXZ, Your brother in laws friend called. HE WANTS HIS TRUCK BACK..lol
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

LOl yea i hope the transfer case doesnt go out, but it seems to be running fine.. i havent had a problem yet (knock on wood)