GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default A headlight question

hey guys,
    Great site and tons of good information! I am located in Ontario and just bought a 07 chevy silverado Z71. I need to change the headlight bulbs and Im trying to find an easier way to do it rather than taking the grill off etc..Can I do it by taking the air filter housing unit out?? I can get at the driver side bulbs but the passenger side bulbs are hard to get at because of the air filter housing unit makes it a tight squeeze.

thanks,
    Blake

I don't have an 07 but I know from other vehicles you definitely shouldn't have to take the grill off. And if you have to remove the air housing that should come out pretty easy!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

I hope your right! I have done a little research and everywhere I look tells me I have to take the grill off, take 6 bolts out of the wheel well etc..etc in order to get the head light out so I can change a bulb. By looking at it it looks like if I simply remove the air filter housing unit I should be able to get at the bulbs. I am not overly mechanically inclined so before I get going on this and have pieces everywhere I am just looking to see if anyone has done it this way.

Blake

Quote Originally Posted by orrsey View Post
    I hope your right! I have done a little research and everywhere I look tells me I have to take the grill off, take 6 bolts out of the wheel well etc..etc in order to get the head light out so I can change a bulb. By looking at it it looks like if I simply remove the air filter housing unit I should be able to get at the bulbs. I am not overly mechanically inclined so before I get going on this and have pieces everywhere I am just looking to see if anyone has done it this way.

Blake
    Is your Truck a.....07" NBS Silverado Classic or a 07"NNBS Silverado??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Its not the classic its the new body style...same as the 08

Its not the classic its the new body style...same as the 08
    If you have the Owners Manual.....In Section #5.......it has step by step Instruction's with Diagrams on replacing the Headlights Bulbs......You do not need to take off the grill to replace the bulbs.

Also your.....2007" is a NNBS Silverado.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 10-25-2010 at 10:23 AM.

I answered the question in your other post i didnt see this one
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

thanks guys for your reply's! And it would be very helpful if I actually had the owners manual!. I ended up just taking the air filter housing off which gave me access to the bulbs. I dont understand why everywhere I looked everyone said I had to take the whole truck apart!!

Blake

thanks guys for your reply's! And it would be very helpful if I actually had the owners manual!. I ended up just taking the air filter housing off which gave me access to the bulbs. I dont understand why everywhere I looked everyone said I had to take the whole truck apart!!

Blake
    If you can get the Owners Manual for your truck.....as you said would be Very Helpful....as the Owners Manual as a Boat load of Infor on Maintenance for your Truck.....