GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Sway Bars

Wow, just from looking at the picture you can see how much sturdier the new sway bar is compared to the stock one. BTW, where did you order your sway bars from?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Off topic: HawaiiKid, how far "in miles and time" is it from Waikiki beach to Northshore? I'm getting married on that island next year. Also, what's the name of that famous blow hole cave thingy in Honolulu?

Back to topic: How much bigger is the Hellwig compared to the stock sway bar?
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Any idea how the shop ended up getting those bolts out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    Blow torch and drill is my guess.

Very carefully

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Wow, just from looking at the picture you can see how much sturdier the new sway bar is compared to the stock one. BTW, where did you order your sway bars from?
    It really is a huge difference. If you could feel the difference in weight you would be even more impressed. Got it on Amazon, with free shipping

Quote Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
    Off topic: HawaiiKid, how far "in miles and time" is it from Waikiki beach to Northshore? I'm getting married on that island next year. Also, what's the name of that famous blow hole cave thingy in Honolulu?

Back to topic: How much bigger is the Hellwig compared to the stock sway bar?
    From the far side of Waikiki all the way to Sunset Beach its about a 45 min-1 hour drive, probably 40 miles or so. A lot of it is on 2 lane "highway" with low speed limits. And the one you are talking about is probably Halona blow hole just north of Hanauma Bay. Not positive on the exact size difference, I know the Hellwigs are 1 and 5/16ths inches around.

Drilled one completely out because the head snapped off, the other 2 they were able to pull somehow without messing up the threads (not positive how).

Rears should be coming in today!
    Last edited by HawaiiKid; 10-28-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: more info

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok now that you have them in Go have some fun with a BMW....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

So you can actually feel the difference with the front sway bar. I was thinking of just installing the one on the read since there wasn’t one on there from the factory. I have only 34,600 miles on my 2004 and would like to take some of the saw out of it when turning.
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    Drilled one completely out because the head snapped off, the other 2 they were able to pull somehow without messing up the threads (not positive how).
    That's what I was afraid of... Good thing they got it done without any problems. I bet that's quite a relief for you.

Sweet! Can I borrow your truck while I'm in Hawaii?