GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Steering Wheel Desk Tray

Has anyone tried out one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/AutoExec-WM-01...pr_product_top

They seem to be pretty popular based on the reviews. Some of the images are pretty interesting too.
    1992 GMC C1500 SLE

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yeah uhh no thanks, i dont do enough writing in my car to need one, and the center console is plenty large enough
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Yeah uhh no thanks, i dont do enough writing in my car to need one, and the center console is plenty large enough
    What he said!
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

I need a personal assistant to ride with me and record my musings and thoughts. I can't exactly write while crusing down the interstate... Maybe I can just get a digital recorder or something...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

That thing is silly.Looks like something they would sell on tv for 19.99..............but wait if you act now we'll send you 2 for the price of 1.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Ha ha, it's hard enough boinking my gf when we're driving down the road. How the h*ll do you expect me to write?

Did you guys see the pictures of all the pileups that were on that page? Isn't that kind of counter-productive to show accident pics on the same page as that writing pad? ha ha

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    That thing is silly.Looks like something they would sell on tv for 19.99..............but wait if you act now we'll send you 2 for the price of 1.
    LOL Bomber...

But Wait, if you buy 2 then we could each have one!!
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Haha..that's what happens when you let customers post their own product pics!! Those pileups are pretty intense!!
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Sr. Apprentice

Looks like this spoof flew over a few heads. It was meant to be humorous. If you didn’t read the reviews or look at the pictures, you totally missed the point.

A couple of the highly rated reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/AutoExec-WM-01...owViewpoints=1

These worked great in the cockpit for our tanscontinental flights!, November 4, 2009

My copilot and I both used these during our "daily grind" transcontinental flights from San Diego to Minneapolis. We had to modify them a bit to fit snug against the instrument panels (when we bought them we didn't realize the planes we fly don't have steering wheels!), but in the end it did the job. With our laptops firmly in place we were able to focus our attention on what really mattered, participating in raids with our WoW clan. During our last flight we were so immersed in trying to take down Eranikus that we overshot Minneapolis by a full hour and a half before some annoying flight attendant interrupted us, babbling something about "FAA and F16 fighters."

We'll definitely use this product again at our next gig, whatever and whenever that happens to be...

Wow is this thing great! I use it as a "mini-bar" when the friends and I go out to the bars. I can quickly fix multiple shots of tequila for myself and the friends as we drive from one bar to the next. We also discovered that if you place a pillow on top of it and turn on the cruise control you can catch quick naps on the interstate. If you swerve to the left or right the rumble strips on the road wake you up in plenty of time before you get into trouble. I can now take longer trips without being tired!

Also, i am now dating a midget and she fits nicely on the steering wheel desk which allows us to experiment sexually while driving. This thing is like WD-40 or duct tape, it is a million and one uses
    Way too many funny photos:

Many of the images and commentary is also worth viewing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=0

That fact that almost nobody (5 out of 6 replies on this forum) got it is kind of funny too. It was posted under games & humor and not meant to be taken so seriously.
    Last edited by auzivision; 10-29-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    1992 GMC C1500 SLE

Legend
    Blog Entries

lol, I DID look at the pictures. I didn't bother to read the reviews because I was sure BigBomber was going to buy two for the $19.95 & generously give me one. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of U.P.S. right now to see if it arrives, or if Bomberman was just shootin me through the grease.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

You have to read the comments it's the most entertaining part of it. Cause you know some dumbazz is thinking how they can get more done WHILE driving with this...
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast