GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Bose Upgade

Cool Bose Upgade

Thinking about upgrading the bose system in 2004 silverado 1500. Just a speaker upgrade but was wondering if there will be much of a difference going from the stock speakers to some 3-way kenwood speakers, but keeping the stock h/u. any thoughts on this? also can any one confirm the speaker size in the 1500 crew cab and how many there are? thanks

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

If you are going to upgrade a Bose system the best thing you can do is rip out the whole system.. Radio and speakers.. As for 3 ways No thanks unless you like Ear bleeds and bright highs and NO mids.....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    If you are going to upgrade a Bose system the best thing you can do is rip out the whole system.. Radio and speakers.. As for 3 ways No thanks unless you like Ear bleeds and bright highs and NO mids.....
    x2 to that. Replace everything.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Alrighty. You guys have and sugestions for a good overhaul. keeping everything Kenwood(i get good pricing). doesn't need to be stupid crazy or anything, just a good upgrade from the stock bose. so prolly need HU, amp, crossover, and some speakers. just need to know whats best for upfront and best for backseat. thanks for the input

Legend

If you can get the higher end Kenwood stuff like the Exalon stuff go for it.. It's all good...Speakers If not the top X17's (I think is the part #'S) Then go with JL Audio or Focal..

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Its not worth it to upgrade to a bose system. Bose systems suck. The reason so many people like them is because they are bassy, and people arent used to hearing lower mids in stock systems. If you look at the speakers they are pretty much the exact same as the stock ones the just have tweeters and an amp. They are just your standard paper coned speakers, very cheaply made. Dont get me wrong its gonna be better than the standard stock system but they still are horrible. Its a complete ripoff what they charge you for it. Your gonna spend thousands of dollars too because you not only gonna have to buy the speakers but also the deck. If you got some higher end speakers all around, a couple subs with a box built for under your seat, and two amps for the speakers and subs its gonna be alot cheaper and sound 100 times better. Alot of people like bright speakers, I like bright speakers. People that listen to bose systems arent used to that, because you know what they say, "no highs no lows must be bose".

Legend

Well I have to say after building REAL award winning systems for over 20 years and being in the 12 volt inderstry. The Bose system in my 08 Avalanche sounds very good..Sure it can be inproved but for a Bose system it is not bad...

As said before you can get away with a Good 5 Ch amp good speakers all around and a good single sub for around $1500 installed and get a good clean system..