GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What to buy for the new truck

So I'm buying a 2010 SLT CC tomorrow and I need to get some of the necessities out of the way. Some recommendations would be excellent for these parts. Especially info about where to find the parts on the cheap.

I was thinking a Craftsman fixed mounted diamond plate toolbox?

I need a cat back with duels ASAP. I like a loud vehicle and strait pipes out under the bumper. Also want to bolt it on myself. I have a Corsa on my Challenger but I was planning on adding Kooks LT's. I'm only going with a cat back on this truck, so louder would be better. Where can I find a deal?

I like the chrome GMC grill. Should I just buy from the dealership?

Thanks for the help! I drive the new truck home tomorrow or Monday

the new Sierras look awesome, congrats on the new truck and welcome to the forum. The diamond plate toolbox would look sick. Check Summit racing or Stylintrucks.com for your exhaust. As for the grill, I would shop around, since the dealership would probably jack the price up for the grill, just my 2 cents.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Welcome!The chrome grill sounds like a good idea for your new truck,but i would also look around other than buying it from the dealer.You also may want to think about the space the new toolbox would take up as the box on your truck is only 5'8".
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

to the Club. I also think the grill sound nice

Steve
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

Sr. Apprentice
    Black River Falls, Wisconsin, United States

First thing id buy is a cooler and fill it with ice and cold beer or soda just to get to know her a lil better

I love my grill. Dealer installed and it bolts over the factory grill.

Blog Entries

congrats on the CC---ours is now 2 months old, and we love it ---I agree with BigBomber about the room the toolbox will take up on you, but they do look nice---also, I have noticed black front tow hooks on some Sierras, but you can get front chrome ones for around 60 or 70 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyallen11 View Post
    First thing id buy is a cooler and fill it with ice and cold beer or soda just to get to know her a lil better
    Sound like a plan. This is actually why I got that toolbox. I measured it and it will fit several 30 packs in there. Just in time for the cold weather!

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    I love my grill. Dealer installed and it bolts over the factory grill.
    I found a chrome cover that snaps on over the stock grill. It was only a hundred bucks, so I hope it works...

Guys,

Thanks for the input. Got the truck, put a Craftsman toolbox in there (in honor of my grandfather), the chrome running boards, Line X, chrome door handles (don't know why), chrome Imposter grill -cost 100 bucks..., Flowmaster Force II exhaust (took 2 hours by myself - first time, and backed up on a curb - very easy and I'll never pay to have a cat back put on again). Got 550 miles on her and found some mud!!!

Barely miss the Challenger. But I have driven over to the dealership 3 times just to look at her. Different toys, but you can't compare.

Side note. I think anything louder then then the Flowmaster Force II is too much for what I need. It has a great sound outside, but any more drone would be too much. Don't get me wrong, I had Kooks LTs a Corsa, and lots more on my Challenger and I loved it. Never got a head ache, cause I always loved the sound, tone and decibel, but if you are looking for something to move a family around in, the Fmaster is just right.

My wife and co-workers said I'd never get her dirty, but I'm keeping the mud on there. I do wanna put a nice wax on her before winter sets in, but I'm scared they will find out!

Mike

Congrats on the truck. Let's see some pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast