GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default 18X9 Pro Comp 6031's & Nittos 305/60/18

Well I finally got my pro comp wheels put on the other day. I was having some rubbing issues with my nittos rubbing the a-arms when the wheel was turned all the way but these new wheels have a different off set and let the wheels stick out a extra 1.5 inches and fixed that problem and look awesome....

But now with the new wheels the tires are rubbing the finder wells right up against the cab...

New

Old

So now I'm trying to think of how I want to fix this new rubbing issue. If I go and try to just do some trimming, its a pretty big chunk of metal and I really don't wanna take a hacksaw to my brand new truck. So I'm leaning towards ditching the leveling kit and going for a actual lift kit...

I'm thinking Rancho??? What do you guys think????

2010 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
    Ready Lift 2.25 Leveling Kit & 2" Block
    18X9 Pro Comp 6031's
    Nitto 305/60/18
    Spray In Bed-Liner
    Toolbox
    20% Tint
    2006 Silverado Crew Cab Z71 SOLD

Jr. Engineer
    Beavercreek,OH (currently stationed in Jacksonville,NC)
    Blog Entries

Go with the rough country lifts. They are priced really well and I have had no issues with mine what so ever. I think most people if not all on the site would agree they have a quality lift at a great price! Here is a link to the lifts they have available for your truck! Hope it helps with your decision. http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_lift_kits.html
    Justin - Beavercreek,OH

02 Z71 Ext. Cab (fully Loaded)
    * 9" Total Lift (RoughCountry)
    * 35' BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2s w/ 16" Chrome Pro Comp wheels
    * Hypertech Maxx Energy Programmer
    * K&N Intake
    * BlackOut Tails

Have you thought about buying wheel spacers?
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Yeah I was considering rough country main for their price but I came across someones thread that got a rancho for $1100 and that cought my eye.

But yeah I think wheel spaces would make it even worse...

Mfleetwood on here got his 4" Rancho lift and new shocks for $1100. That lift looks sick and I think it would clear your 305's just fine. ReadyLift has a SST lift that you might want to check out.

Truck looks awesome with new wheel and tire combo!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Master Mechanic

i bought my first rough country kit for my old 06 and it was the 6" kit to my door was $972 and i just ordered the new kit for my 93 with the kicker braces and it was $999 to my door in 3 days. i've had no problems with my first kit and i'm looking forward to getting started on my second kit (its sitting in my garage next to my tires and driving me nuts!!!!!!!!)

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Mfleetwood on here got his 4" Rancho lift and new shocks for $1100. That lift looks sick and I think it would clear your 305's just fine. ReadyLift has a SST lift that you might want to check out.

Truck looks awesome with new wheel and tire combo!!
    Yeah I came across his thread and asked him some questions but I checked out the ready lift and it looks like an option now as well...

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by randomsandwhich View Post
    i'm running 18x9s with 5 in of backspace, I have very minor rub on the inner fenderwells .. just make sure your wheels have enough backspace for the lift.
    Why does lifting pull the wheels back into the fender wells? Mine have a 5 in backspace as well...

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith1987 View Post
    Yeah I was considering rough country main for their price but I came across someones thread that got a rancho for $1100 and that cought my eye.

But yeah I think wheel spaces would make it even worse...
    How would wheel spacers make it worse?

Looks so nice man I'm thinking of geting this leveling kit thanks for the pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    How would wheel spacers make it worse?
    i think hes running probably a 4.5 or thereabouts backspace, going any further out will cause even worse tire rub, the tires are getting into the fenderwheels near the passeger/driver doors.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by