GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Dome override

Default Dome override

I have a 99 s10. I cant get the dome override to kill the day time runing lights. Was this only in the 5 speed trucks or is there some thing wrong with my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Quad racer#212 View Post
    I have a 99 s10. I cant get the dome override to kill the day time runing lights. Was this only in the 5 speed trucks or is there some thing wrong with my truck.
    What did you try to do re-guarding the Dome Override......to turn off the DRL's??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I pushed the override 4 times and the day time runing lights did not cut off. They should go off

Dome lights refer to the lights in the cab that "normally" turn on when you open the doors. With the dome override pushed in, the dome lights should turn off. When I first bought my '98, I thought it didn't work either. I later learned that the dome lights are on a timer and turn off after about a minute after closing the doors or pushing the dome override.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

The dome over ride is turning the inside lights off. In my 2000 5 speed s10 if you push the dome overide swich 4 times back to back THE DAY TIME RUNING LIGHT CUT OFF. In my 99 this does not happen. So back to what i said in my first post is it there some thing wrong with the truck or was this only in the 5 speed trucks. my dome lights cut off as soon as i push the switch in

That feature was not mentioned in the owner's manual to my '98, and doesn't have any effect on the DRL's. Perhaps it is a new feature for the '00 rather than a feature of the 5 speeds. Have you read through the owner's manual to see if it is mentioned?
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

I dont have the owner's manual for this truck. A friend told me his 98 had it and was wondering why min did not work.. o well thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quad racer#212 View Post
    I dont have the owner's manual for this truck. A friend told me his 98 had it and was wondering why min did not work.. o well thanks

If you go to the below link,you can pull up the Owners Manual for your S-10,
    http://www.ownersmanualsource.com/ch...wners-manuals/

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thanks i will give it a look.