GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default The New NORMSCOLORADO!!!!

Well its been a while since i posted here and i figured i would give everyone an update on the colorado.... well i found rust about 2 months back and finally go to paint her! i did just about all the work myself except for help from a friend with disassembly and sanding.... i got the paint from automotivetouchup.com and i will say that their paint sprays excellent especcially for my first time shooting metallic base and clear..... so on with the pictures!

BEFORE:

RUST!!!!!!!!!

GETTIN THERE!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

FINISHED!!! I also scored some ultra rouge's for 8o bux off of cl took alot too get them back to this they were in real rough shape.... the guy rocked them for a winter then put them back in the boxes un washed and threw them in storage for 3 YEARS!!!!!!

Great job man!
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Wow, that must be some serious work. How much time did it take you? I repainted a hood with spray cans from www.touchuppaintonline.com and that took me 4-5 hours in total including all the sanding and everything else. The paint came out great, it was just a bit of work

Yeah that had to be a lot of hours! Good pay off though!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

it has been a whiel since I painted anything but I remember the pain that it was then. Great job brother! Very well done!

Great looking paint! I've seen some "high" dollar paint jobs that don't look that good!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

thanks everyone yeah it was a pain! but i am gonna try to do this for a living because i love to paint! lol

it took me a week of evenings to get it stripped and sanded for primer i hate when **** peels!

WOW! great job on the paint,i really like the color you chose.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"