GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: do these work?

Hybrid View

Default do these work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2074wt_1165

i'm thinking bout buying these but i dont wanna waste money on crap. has anyone used these and can give me some help with them?

thanks!
    2009 Chevy Silverado LT

Performance Mods:
    Flowmaster Cat Back Dual Rear Exhaust
    K&N 63 Series Cold Air Intake
    Pirelli Scorpion ATR All Terrain tires.

External Mods:
    8000K H.I.D Headlights
    Weston Side Step Bars
    Blacked Out Bowties
    Smoked Out Tail Lights
    6" Euro Style Rubber Antenna

Internal Mods:
    Pioneer P4200DVD Head Unit
    Pioneer 350 Watt Door Speakers
    Power Acoustic 1250 Watt 2 Way Amplifier
    Two 10" Kicker Comp Subwoofers
    Pioneer Tweeters

Quote Originally Posted by blacknight97 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2074wt_1165

i'm thinking bout buying these but i dont wanna waste money on crap. has anyone used these and can give me some help with them?

thanks!
    I couldn't said if they work or not......but I would check your local and state laws first before buying.

Edit: In small print it said,
    *Installing smoked tint overlay cover on vehicles primary lighting may not be legal for street use. Please consult all state laws before applying to any lens.*
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-02-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Added infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Yeah I couldn't tell you either. I'd like to hear what you think if you try them out though!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

If its just a stick on headlight tint then it should work, but you might get some reduced visibility from your headlights. That, and you might attract more attention from the local 5-0, I only say that cuz one of my friends had tint like this on his headlights and he took the tint off after a week due to getting pulled over so much.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I don't know about how well they work/don't work but I've seen them on at least one other truck before. I was surprised they were legal and didn't diminish his light output too much.

They are illegal here and i like how they look but i don't need the hassle of getting pulled over and spending my hard earned money on a ticket.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I don't understand why people want to do this to their vehicles. I guess to achieve the "fully blacked out" look, but at what cost? The lights on your vehicle serve more than one purpose. Yeah, they allow you to see at night, but they also allow others to see you. Have you ever pulled out in front of someone in inclement weather, or at dawn or twilight? Someone you never saw because they're vehicle completely blended in with the road and the background and their lights were off? I have. Lots of people drive with their lights off early in the morning because they can see, not realizing how hard it is to see them in the low light. DRL help to resolve this somewhat, but many want to disable them also. I always drive with lights on, be it DRL or headlamps, regardless of the conditions outside. The better the chance of other drivers seeing you, the less chance of being involved in an accident.
    I understand these things don't completely block out your headlights/tail lights, but I do know they can reduce the ouptut by a big amount. I used to work with a guy who had his blacked out all around, and at night you didn't know his tail lights were on and the brake lights were very dim. His headlights were also very diminished. I don't know if these things come in varying degrees (like tint), but I'm pretty sure his were not legal. I am very sure his were not safe, and wouldn't want them on my vehicle. Just something to consider.
    Last edited by troutbug; 11-02-2010 at 02:36 PM.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan