GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So, we decided to put in our own switch, and draw the power from constant 12V (pretty much straight from the battery), and it took care of the problem. Now my issue is installing the switch "permanently." Do you have any good advice for location? And, how do I remove the dash in the new body style? I know on the 04 silvy, it was pretty much just "pushed" into place. Is this the case with the new body style as well?

Thanks!

2007 Silverado LT Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    Dark Metallic Blue

Mods to come, just purchased on 10/31/09

Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by hutch_pt View Post
    So, we decided to put in our own switch, and draw the power from constant 12V (pretty much straight from the battery), and it took care of the problem. Now my issue is installing the switch "permanently." Do you have any good advice for location? And, how do I remove the dash in the new body style? I know on the 04 silvy, it was pretty much just "pushed" into place. Is this the case with the new body style as well?
    Thanks!
    Best place to mount the switch imo would be under the dash, there is a endless places to mount it down there; by far the easiest and probably cleanest install place. Another option would be is where the satbilitrak buttons are the little hole below the two 12v sockets (granted its available for you).

The NBS are pushed into place, I've removed mine several times. I just grab above the radio and pull out should just pop out of place. Be careful and not to break the clips that hold it into place (ive taken mine off several times have yet to break one.. im really careful and take my time)

I want to know either. Could you guys please help me with the car dvd installation work. These days I was looking for a overhead car dvd. Now I bought this 17 inch one http://www.justcardvd.com/products/1...-Monitor-.html last week. The dvd is great and has a really good screen but I have no idea about how to install it. please help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12