GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shoot to kill

man i hate to hear this, but its part of our society now days. i work along side the pd when we run wrecks or fights and alot of people misunderstand them. when they're rough and mean than they are big bullies but when they dont do anything than they arent doing they're job. me personally, i want the biggest baddest m'fer protecting my family and if he get's in trouble with the city for doing his job than why even have police officers. don't want to get on they're bad side, obey the law. simple as that.....just my 2 cents.
    ENFUEGO1

2010 SILVERADO 2500HD
    Z71 4WD 6.0 VORTEC V8
    WHITE EXT CAB
    20% TINT
    BEDLINER, IN BED TOOLBOX
    MOSTLY STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    I hate to hear of law enforcement and other public service officials being killed like that. I've personally known too many law enforcement agents who have been wounded and killed in the line of duty. It's never good to hear.

I do have to say, though... That statement ("Because that's all the ammunition we had.") makes my heart warm. People should always have compassion for being a part of another human being's death, but sometimes, you've got to let folks know that you don't regret it. There's absolutely no reason for any media outlet to question the death of a suspect who fires at police officers.
    ---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I don't see what the posted story is missing. A few things may have been added but it seems pretty accurate to me. This was, by no means a recent story, but here is the actual account from the Polk Co. Sheriff's Office web site:

"September 28, 2006

Deputy Sheriff Vernon “Matt” Williams, along with his K-9 partner Diogi, was the first backup unit on-scene to assist a traffic deputy with apprehending a suspect who had fled into a wooded area off of Wabash Avenue in Lakeland on September 28, 2006. Deputy Sheriff Williams and Diogi went into the heavily wooded area to search for the suspect, when the suspect fired several rounds at them while under thick cover of the woods. A short time later, the suspect re-appeared and fired several rounds at the traffic deputy, hitting him in the leg. The traffic deputy returned fire, and the suspect dived back down into the wooded brushy area for cover. Backup units quickly arrived and began searching the area for the suspect, and for Deputy Williams who was not responding to his radio.

Deputy Matt Williams was found about an hour after the exchange of gunfire under the thick underbrush, deceased, with his canine partner deceased next to him. His autopsy would reveal that he had been shot 9 times, and his dog had been shot once. The suspect remained at large until 9:35 a.m. the following day, Friday, September 29th, when a 10-member SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) team located the suspect hiding, with Deputy Williams’ agency issued semiautomatic pistol in his hand. The SWAT team fatally shot the suspect.

Deputy Sheriff Matt Williams was 39 years old at the time of his death. Diogi was 3 years old at the time of his death."

And the last Polk Co. Deputy to die in the line of duty was in 2009. Not 2006.
    The truth, the true story got a little distorted after someone somewhere along the line added a few things to it.
    As it was posted on here it takes on a different meaning than the original story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12