GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Car makes and their luxury counterparts..

    I was having a discussion with my girlfriend tonight about Buicks and whether or not they were better than Cadillacs. My thoughts are they are the same "level", ie Cadillacs : Chevy :: Buick : GM

    So we have:
    Toyota -> Lexus
    Nissan -> Infinity
    Ford -> Lincoln
    Chevrolet -> Cadillac/Oldmobile?
    GMC -> Buick

    Anything else?
    2008 Blue Granite W/T
    ✔ Line-X
    ✔ Leveling Kit
    ✔ K&N Air Filter
    ✔ Bed Rail Caps
    ✔ 265/70R18 Michelin LTX M/S2
    ✔ All 4 Infinity Kappa Speakers
    ✔ Sound Ordnance B-8PT Powered Sub
    ✔ JVC Arsenal KD-AHD79 Head Unit + GMOS

  2. #2

    Default

    How about VW -> Audi

    ________2013 4C Rated__________


  3. #3
    Master Mechanic Big75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Seward, Nebraska, United States
    Posts
    595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    dodge -> chrysler
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

    (This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

  4. #4
    Legend
    murdog94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cloquet, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    VW also Porsche
    Mike

    Currently

    1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

    2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

    2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

    "Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

  5. #5

    Default

    Just curious, where did you come up with Cadillac being the higher end of Chevy & Buick being an upscale GMC? Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC are all individual parts of the parent company GM, AFAIK. Someone chime in if I'm wrong...
    -Sal


    2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

    Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

    Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
    Just curious, where did you come up with Cadillac being the higher end of Chevy & Buick being an upscale GMC? Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC are all individual parts of the parent company GM, AFAIK. Someone chime in if I'm wrong...
    yes they are all part of GM, but cadillac is the upscale brand version to Chevrolet/GMC. (ie the cadillac escalade is the luxury version of the tahoe etc). Not all cadillac vehicles are a upgraded chevy but that is the best way to descibe it. similar to the infiniti being more luxury than nissan but same cars and owned by nissan. but i think i see where you are going with the question as GM is the parent company and not Chevy. but thats the design setups
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    yes they are all part of GM, but cadillac is the upscale brand version to Chevrolet/GMC. (ie the cadillac escalade is the luxury version of the tahoe etc). Not all cadillac vehicles are a upgraded chevy but that is the best way to descibe it. similar to the infiniti being more luxury than nissan but same cars and owned by nissan. but i think i see where you are going with the question as GM is the parent company and not Chevy. but thats the design setups
    Yeah, all I'm asking is how is Cadillac an upscale Chevy, not an upscale GM automobile line. What makes the Buick the high-end GMC? How did he differentiate the two? By that reasoning, Buick could be the fancier Chevy and Cadillac could be the luxury GMC. It doesn't seem to correlate directly with GM's. BTW, I've never seen a GMC car.:na:


    Maybe I'm being a little picky...sorry about that. Guess I'm just having a rough day.
    Last edited by troutbug; 10-26-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: bad mood

  8. #8

    Default

    Acura is Honda
    Lexus is Toyota
    Infiniti is Nissan
    Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar and Volvo are Ford
    Audi is VW
    Saab, Cadillac, Pontiac Buick and Chevy are GM
    Chysler and Dodge are Diamler (Mercedes-Benz)
    Mini Cooper is BMW
    Last edited by ThatSilverStepside; 10-26-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside



    2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

  9. #9
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatSilverStepside View Post
    Acura is Honda
    Lexus is Toyota
    Infiniti is Nissan
    Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar and Volvo are Ford
    Audi is VW
    Saab, Cadillac, Pontiac Buick and Chevy are GM
    Chysler and Dodge are Diamler (Mercedes-Benz)
    Mini Cooper is BMW
    Jag is no longer owned by Ford and I think they sold Volvo and Range Rover too,Saab is also no longer owned by GM, Chysler and Dodge have not been with MB for 2 years. And Dodge is now just the Truck part of Chysler They are both owned by FIAT now..Acura is the higher end of Honda

    What else would you like to know?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Jag is no longer owned by Ford and I think they sold Volvo and Range Rover too,Saab is also no longer owned by GM, Chysler and Dodge have not been with MB for 2 years. And Dodge is now just the Truck part of Chysler They are both owned by FIAT now..Acura is the higher end of Honda

    What else would you like to know?
    I think you got the whole, pointing out I'm an idiot thing covered (well deserved), I copied that and posted it without reading lol. hands in a cast again so I hate typing

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last: 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last: 12-09-2009, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last: 12-09-2009, 03:50 AM
  4. New CTS is Cadillac of luxury sedans
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last: 12-22-2007, 08:28 PM
  5. Top 10 luxury vehicles that lose their value
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last: 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •