GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Smile 2010 4wd 1500 Silverado Leveling Suspension

I have been looking around for a leveling kit, I found alot of different one's on the market. Has anyone used Rough Country 2" Leveling kit? can you recommed me one for a good price.

Thank's Runnerboy23...... ohh my truck is a 2010 silverado ext cab long bed

there is different ways of leveling your truck, the newest crave is the bilstein 5100 leveling shock kit. I have no expierence from them but just throwing it our there. There are also kits that will raise just the front end or both the front and rear. I have the 2.5" Truxx leveling kit, had it on for about two years and no problems as of yet. How much are you looking to spend?

I have the BILSTEIN 5100 levelling shocks on my truck and the 5100 matching rear shocks,check out my pics in my album.The front came up a full 2" and i have to say that i love the way my truck handles now.The shocks take the brunt of the bumps in the road now instead of the springs.My shocks also carry a lifetime warranty.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I have the Rough Country 2" kit on my 07 Z71 and it's a pretty straight forward install, no special tools needed. I got 2 1/8" increase in height of the front wheel well and it rides great, even better after getting an alignment. I ordered direct from roughcountry.com.
    07 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71

Blog Entries

whatever you do, looking at all the pics on this site, levelling is the way to go----there is lots of reading and info around here, but lots of mention of the Bilsteins---that is how I eventually want to go to bring my front end up 2-2.5 inches, du to the fact that my rear has a trailer package which is about 1" higher than normal---anyway, good luck, and good reading.

Thanks for the help everone. I got the Rough Country 2" leveling kit and I'm going to Install it this weekend

Be sure to post pics, if you can. I'm sure it will look great.
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

Good luck with the install! and YES post pics when your done.

Jr. Apprentice

Thanks for the post. I'll probably end up getting the rough country kit as well. It seems to be an inexpensive and durable solution.