GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Monroe Sensa Trac Coilovers and 1 ton of wood pellets.

Just thought I'd share the results of the Monroe Sensa Trac shocks with coilovers. I installed these for the purpose of hauling 1 ton of wood pellets in the bed of a 1/2 ton pick up. I picked these shocks up for $115 shipped. Install was very simple. I do not drive the truck as a daily driver so I was not too concerned with ride quality. However, with the install of these shocks the truck seemed to ride the same as before I installed them.
    Looks like fully loaded I have about 1" of space between the bump stop. Unfortunately I have no info on what the truck would look like with regular shocks. If anyone has pictures of a 1500 series truck with a ton in the bed I would be interested in seeing if these shocks made any difference.

The truck is a 2000 GMC Sierra Ext cab 2wd with 5.3 motor.

that looks like pretty good load support. didnt realize they started making coilovers for the rear. and 115 for the pair is a good price if they work well.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

For all that weight the truck isn't squatting too bad. How did it act when you were driving? Did you feel it hitting bottom? The springs still appear to have some arch left so I think it is doing well for that investment.
    Still Loyal to GM after all these years...:shocked:
    2006 Impala LT 3.5L
    2005 Silverado WT small cab/longbed 4x4 4.3L V6
    1999 Grand Am 3.4L in TX w/ our youngest
    1993 GMC Jimmy 4.3L 4 door 4x4 'Ole Rusty' - 'SOLD'
    1988 S-10 small cab/longbed HT3.4L Crate Engine
    1970 Nova 250 I-6, factory 3 sp floor shifter.
    1968 Chevelle 'Nomad' Wagon 250 I-6 w/ 3 on da' tree.

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    For all that weight the truck isn't squatting too bad. How did it act when you were driving? Did you feel it hitting bottom? The springs still appear to have some arch left so I think it is doing well for that investment.
    I only had to go a few miles. I took it easy. It definitely was a rougher ride, not sure if it hit bottom. It does not look to have much travel left so I'm sure it probably did bottom out a few times.

Legend

The next question is how it rides unloaded, pickups are already notorious for being rear end jumpy in a turn and hitting a bump, has it gotten worse with the coilovers. I have contemplated these for my suburban but not sure what it would do for the ride since it is a suburban and is carrying tiny children all the time.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    The next question is how it rides unloaded, pickups are already notorious for being rear end jumpy in a turn and hitting a bump, has it gotten worse with the coilovers. I have contemplated these for my suburban but not sure what it would do for the ride since it is a suburban and is carrying tiny children all the time.
    I really didn't notice any major change in ride quality with these new shocks. It may be a little stiffer, but very minimal if that. Definitely not as stiff as a 2500 series truck. It still rides like a 1500. I was skeptical myself before I bought them, but Monroe offered a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If I was not satisfied I was going to take them off and switch them out with another model.

I'd read into the satisfaction guarantee, if they don't work well for your purpose you may be able to switch out for the non coil-over model.

That doesn't look bad at all for carrying that much weight!! 115 bucks? Thats a pretty dang good deal if you ask me.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    That doesn't look bad at all for carrying that much weight!! 115 bucks? Thats a pretty dang good deal if you ask me.
    Agreed, ive been looking into these to haul my Pick-up box camper since they are heavy and i dont have the ability to get a 3/4 or 1ton as of now, and i want the truck to sit fairly level, but i HATE overload springs.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"