GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Speakers buying help

I recently purchased a 95 DCM Impala SS, everything is working well except the speakers. So I am planning to install new one. I searched online and narrowed my purchase decision down to Rockford Fosgate and Kicker. Both brands are very popular and available at http://www.dealrocker.com/audioandspeakers/deals/ with good discounts. Can anyone point me in the right direction and help me to choose the best one?

Thanks in advance.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

For good clean sound... I don't like eather.. Are you going to use a Amp or just the stock radio?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    For good clean sound... I don't like eather.. Are you going to use a Amp or just the stock radio?
    I am also planning for an amp, but all it depends on budget.

Blog Entries

I thought they were good brands--maybe Pioneer specs might be better, but more pricey.Whatever you get you will probably be happy with as new speakers have that "different" sound--good luck in the purchasing--I might buy cheap Sony Xplods for under my seat where they will be out of sight.
    Last edited by silverhobey; 11-08-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I completely agree! Get a good 4 channel amp for around $100 and as far as speakers there are lots of options. JL are great. Good clean simple design and your gonna like them. American Bass is really good. Pioneer Premiers are good as well but not regular level pioneers. I have heard a complete speaker system (not subs) with a kicker amp that sounded really good. As rule of thumb, your gonna get what you pay for, especially car audio.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Blog Entries

if you can hold off for a bit, Black-Friday sales, and/or Christmas/Boxing Day sales prices might help you decide on one or the other if pricing is your choice.!!remember if it ain't loud, it ain't music !!!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhobey View Post
    if you can hold off for a bit, Black-Friday sales, and/or Christmas/Boxing Day sales prices might help you decide on one or the other if pricing is your choice.!!remember if it ain't loud, it ain't music !!!
    Amen................

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Loud and CLEAN!!!! Please so stay away from PIONEER,Infinty and JBL.....And if you want it Clean when loud Use a GOOD Amp...

It all depends on what YOU think sounds good. There's not necessarily a definitive line in the sand to what speakers sound good. There's people that think a 50 dollar set of pioneers sound better than a 1000 dollar set of hertz. And almost every brand has a few levels going from cheap to rediculously expensive. For the money i like the upper end kenwood excelons. For a few hundred bucks there a good value. If your lookin to spend more i got a set of boston pros that i love and hertz in my opinion makes the best speakers out there right now. But like i was sayin there's a lower end to every brand almost and i am not a fan of the cheaper bostons or hertz. Kickers lower level line aren't bad at all for like 150 buck for a set of components. But you have to go out there and listen to them and figure out which ones you like. Nobody can tell you the best speaker out there.