GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: exaust

Default exaust

thinking about cuting off stock muffler puting on a glass pack?? good idea ?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Do you like your neighbors? How much noise do you want?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Man glass packs sound like junk on wheels

Legend
    Blog Entries

I agree with Quadr. Try a magnaflow for a great sound, or a flowmaster

Try this link for some more opinions on magnaflow
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...agnaflow-12599
    Last edited by stephan; 11-06-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: added link
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Everyone has there own opinion and different trucks sound different. I put true duals and glasspacks on my 94 5.7 and everyone loved it and it sounded great so I figured I'd go with the same setup when I bought my 6.0 right?! Not so much, its loud as h***! but doesn't sound very good to be honest. But for me, I like'm loud

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

thanks for all yur replies guess i have sum thinkin to do now

Open headers!
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I'm not a fan of glasspacks but if thats the exhaust sound you want it's your truck.
    Do yourself a favor though and check the local noise ordinances and vehicle equipment regulations a lot of areas are coming out with new laws reguarding exhaust system modifications and noise limits.
    Also look at the laws in different cities and counties you drive to as they may have restrictions that'll get you a ticket.
    Most people tend to forget that even though your vehicle may be registered somewhere else it's a requirement it be operated and equiped according to the laws of the location its being operated in.

Dahlonega Ga, way up in them good ole mountains.
    Blog Entries

Im a fan of straight pipes myself...i have a 97 silverado with true duals still has the stock cats i just had the exhaust shop take the muffler and run the duals out at 45s and it sounds awsome.....i mean its loud but i can barley hear it in the truck its when you get on it that you can really hear it..ive never been pulled over...as for the 5.3 my buddys got his straightpiped as well and it sounds bad ass..it has a deeper tone than my 5.7 cause it has biger pippes off of the manifolds..but the cats on these trucks hold back alot of noise..as far as mufflers everyone has flowmaster...yea they sound good but you can tell flowmasters by there rasp tone...magnaflows too are nice but if you want a distinct sound ..go for corsa or borla ..when i put headers and 3 inch from headers with no cats im going to run them corsa db mufflers they sound bad ass..but with a pretty price..just check around on youtube you can hear a variety.
    Bo Woody:sign0173:

Check out my pics on my profile, I got Flowmaster Super44 offroad Duals from the cat back, with 3.5" chrome tips. Sounds deep with plenty of rumble
    2012 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3
    Rough Country 2.5' Lift/Level
    Chevy 18's on Toyo Open Country MT 33's
    DiabloSport Trinity Tuner with Custom Tune from Lew
    Debating on AMP Research Powersteps

2008 GMC Sierra WT 4x2 4.3

3" Rough Country Suspension Lift w/Control Arms
    Super 44 Flowmaster Straight Dual Exhaust from the Cat Back with 18" Chrome 3.5" Exhaust Tips.
    Moto Wheels 951 18" on Nitto Mud Grappler 33's
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 System with Kenwood 5.1 amp using Stock Headunit.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by