GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Nobodys Perfect! especially me

On saturday my Mom calls me to let me know that the 1997 S-10 blazer that i use for hunting and she uses the rest of the year (she doesnt own a 4wd and i dont use it other than deer season and prefer it doesnt sit)
    Anyhow i have started a thread in the past about it being a hard starting sob. now i know it has 316K miles (as of Sunday) but there was no reason for the hard starting. So as i said she calls me to tell me the CEL is flashing, and the truck doesnt have the power it should. So i have her stop at my house, and pick up my 2000 Blazer while i fix the 97. i run the codes and get a P0300 and a P0420. I dont really care about P0420 since its emmission related. And take off the air cleaner on the TB, and open the throttle blades. I didnt even have to look inside to know that there was something wrong with the spider injection assembly. the next morning i tear the upper intake off, and find the Fuel Pressure regulator is leaking. So i go and buy another one, and clean up the intake etc while im at it. I pulled the spider injector assy. to find that when i had put in the last FPR around 295K miles i had not installed the lock ring properly, and since 295K miles it had been working its way out. leaking raw fuel and causing the truck to start hard! DUOH!!!!!! so i installed the new one since i didnt want to run the risk of this one railing etc. And hit the key and it started like brand new! Dummy is all i was thinking off after i took it on a test drive and it ran better than it had in 2 years.
    So as i said nobody is perfect and im still just trying to be average!!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

well galad its working now. especially with 316k miles
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

LOL....i can't even tell you what kind of BS happend to me in the past on my own vehicles....always trying to help others and getting theyr stuff done 101 %..it kind of lacks on my own tho..lol

Well, atleast you got it figured out now ...GOOD JOB !!!!

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Haha... perfect or not, consider yourself lucky enough to at least know how to diagnose and fix the problem. It's a great skill. I'm glad you've got your truck up and working well again. That's a lot of millage... it's always good to hear of vehicles running strong after that much use.

Legend
    Blog Entries

LOL, that's not too bad Mike. One of the guys I used to work with replaced lower ball joints & left one of the nuts off. The customer made it all the way home, but when he hit the driveway apron the car bounced high enough that it popped out of the A arm.. woops...
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Its o.k. Mike, you proved your just like the rest of us. We've all done those stupid things. Glade you got it fixed.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well what made me laugh the most is i am planning on doing a full tune up this spring. After it warms up because doing work like this in -2 degree weather isnt fun especially with out a garage.. So yes i am happy it is running good again to because i was afraid the old battle axe was dying! now its ready to go another 200K.. once i am over 400K miles im gonna send GM a pic of the truck and odometer, and ask them why i can get a new truck that does this.
    As you alot of you have read about my newer trucks (2002, and my 2006) they were both VERY unreliable.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    once i am over 400K miles im gonna send GM a pic of the truck and odometer, and ask them why i can get a new truck that does this.
    As you alot of you have read about my newer trucks (2002, and my 2006) they were both VERY unreliable.
    Sounds like a plan, I wonder what there response will be. as for me I wont buy a truck newer then '99 until they go back to function>form and fix all the glitches in the "trucks"..thats what I love about my OBS, extremely reliable, cheap to fix on that rare occasion, and just plain sexy to go along with it.
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    once i am over 400K miles im gonna send GM a pic of the truck and odometer, and ask them why i can get a new truck that does this.
    Hahaha.... I can't wait to see how that goes over. Maybe they'll gift you a brand new Silverado out of spite.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSilverStepside View Post
    as for me I wont buy a truck newer then '99 until they go back to function>form and fix all the glitches in the "trucks"..thats what I love about my OBS, extremely reliable, cheap to fix on that rare occasion, and just plain sexy to go along with it.

My sentiments exactly
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast