GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Installing Driving Lamps on 09 Silverado - Mounting Questions

I am trying to figure out the best way/place to mount some aftermarket LED driving lights on my 2009 Chevy Silverado LT 4X4 . The LED lights are approx. 3”x3” and mount with one bolt on a u-bracket. The truck doesn’t have factory fog lights, so there is no cut-out in the existing bumper valance. Has anyone mounted aftermarket lights to their front ends and if so, where did you end up mounting them? If not, does anyone have any ideas how to go about installing them without using a brush guard or having to add a similar bar?

Any comments/suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Blog Entries

my crew cab has same bumpercorners as you---I found pics and idea on this site about mounting them behind the grill----pics didn't look too bad!!!!

I've been wanting to add some fog lights for a while now, without having to replace the bumper corners. I was thinking about making some custom brackets that would mount to one side of the tow hooks, using the same bolts and still keeping the tow hooks. It should be easy enough, but I'm still up in the air whether to make a complete light bar instead. That may be too low to mount driving lights, depending on how high you want them. If I was just mounting driving lights, I would also go with putting them behind the grill. A few people on here have them that way, and I've seen some in person on an F250 that look real nice and inconspicuous.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan