GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Exhaust

Hybrid View

Default Exhaust

i have a chevy silverado and im planning on getting an exhaust system for my 2005 z71 v8 1500 im wondering witch exhaust system i should get..links would be much appreciated

Depending on what you are looking to spend......I would go with Long tube headers,Y-Pipe and Cat Back Exhaust,

Some of the Headers to look at would be......Pacesetter....JBA....Doug Thorley....to name a few.....Long Tube's will give you your most gains in H.P.....

For Muffler's.....Flowmaster....MaganaFlow.....Gibson. ...are the ones mentioned most often along with Cherry bomb....It comes down to what kind of sound your are wanting??

Bottom line there are So Many.....Muffler's....Headers to choose from.....now-a-days...If you go with the setup I mentioned above your Exhaust will need to be re-worked and that will cost a few a more $$$....

Summit Racing carries just about every muffler/header made Today.

Link/Muffler's
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Mufflers/

Link/Headers,
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Headers/
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-09-2010 at 06:43 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Blog Entries

Also, if you search through this forum you will find a huge number of exhaust threads with lots of information. Everyone seems to swear by what they have, be it a basic CherryBomb muffler or a Borla full cat-back system. You have to listen to clips online and search through other people's stuff to find out what you like within your budget.

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    Also, if you search through this forum you will find a huge number of exhaust threads with lots of information. Everyone seems to swear by what they have, be it a basic CherryBomb muffler or a Borla full cat-back system. You have to listen to clips online and search through other people's stuff to find out what you like within your budget.
    x2 with what Hawaii Kid says and what 99'Heartbeat eludes to. There are so many choices and ways to go about them that this really comes down to a personal decision based on what your goal is. Items to consider would be things such as budget, sound, performance, looks, if you would to make any modification to install, etc. Good luck in your search!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Blog Entries

definitely lots of info around on exhaust( same as oil,levelling,mods) but that's what the site and comraderie are all about here, I thought. Anyway, up here in Canada, we have to watch our Exhaust upgrades/mods due to Emission Testing requirements on our vehicles every two years.(government cash-grab to keep air quality/environment better, but we still see oil puffers and loud-bangers on the road each day !)
    Last edited by silverhobey; 11-10-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typos / spelling again---trying to go too fast !!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billt3047 View Post
    11 veiws no replys awesome..

LOL Billt, I had over 100 views & no replys on one of my questions, (and your post was only up here for about 2 hours) so don't feel like the lone ranger. As far as getting anymore replies other than what Heartbeat & Hawaii Kid have posted, you probably wont because they have covered all the bases.
    There is really nothing more for anybody to add to their posts other than someones personal opinions.

Now if you want my personal opinion.........ha ha ha...............

p.s. Billt, since you are new here you should know that the little stars below Heartbeats & Hawaii Kids posts are so you can click on it (the star) & give them credit for a good answer. I was able to click on the Kids, but they wouldn't let me click on Heartbeats again till I spread some more around, so you should click on both & give good reviews to them, or next question you ask you might never get an answer to... lol....
    Last edited by stephan; 11-10-2010 at 03:40 AM.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol