GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help Trans Temp/ under warranty GM replaced Thermostat happing again in less then wk

I have a 2008 Chey Silverado, on the 29th of Oct. the trans temp keeped showing up on it. I had to have my truck towed to a different town a hour away, because it is under warranty. Don't know if I spell some of the words wrong, but here goes. On Monday Nov. 1st they had to replace the Trans thermostat on the truck. Because it keeped sticking or had gone out they said. Got it back on the same day. So, on Nov. 8th the Trans Temp light came back on and will not go off. It get up to over 200 real quick. I caledl the dealer that fixed it and they said don't weary about it. That as long as it don't get over 210 it's fine. So, why then when I get into the truck and start it up the Trans Tempreading is the first think that you see and will not go off in when you put it on trip meter. And as soon as you start driving the truck the temp goes up to over 200 real quick. Help, Help please.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi Anita, welcome to the GM truck club.
    I would take it back since it is still on warranty. The temp is too high for fall weather & especially if you're not hauling or towing a heavy load. Your truck still has the same problem as it did before so they either put in a failing part, or they didn't address the correct problem the first time. 200 degrees isn't too high for summer time if you're towing 5,000 or 6,000 lbs. of trailer, but unloaded in mild weather it should not run that hot.
    Don't let the dealership tell you that it's ok, because you know it's not, & they know it's not!!
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

I would have to agree with the previous post. I would recommend contacting the dealership again and taking the vehicle in. If you are finding that you are unable to find some kind of resolution, feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.