GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mirror replacement question

Hey everyone,
    I am looking at replacing my stock mirrors with towing mirrors.
    My current ones are power but not heated. Will the plug match up if I get power heated towing replacements?
    Thanks!

I dont think it would work. You would have to have a button in the cab to control the heat function even if they were plug n play. I have power and heated and looking to upgrade to tow mirrors and wanting to know if the LED turn signal would plug n play and cant get a solid answer. Regardless of the heat function they would be a great upgrade kidder!

________2013 4C Rated__________

x2.....On what ajarman has mentioned.....for heated mirror's to be a plug-n-play.....you need the Rear Window Defogger on the HVAC control's.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I dont think it would work. You would have to have a button in the cab to control the heat function even if they were plug n play. I have power and heated and looking to upgrade to tow mirrors and wanting to know if the LED turn signal would plug n play and cant get a solid answer. Regardless of the heat function they would be a great upgrade kidder!
    i'm gooing to try it out on my 2008, waiting for them to come back in stock .. i'll let you know if they are plug and play .. as much as I can find out it should be plug and play .. wait and see and hope for the best

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Turn signals worked!! I know...I know...I still owe pictures. This weekend and my procrastination on posting pics will be over, as expect them to be here on Sat.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Turn signals worked!! I know...I know...I still owe pictures. This weekend and my procrastination on posting pics will be over, as expect them to be here on Sat.
    I didnt know you didnt have turn signals before the tow mirrors. That is GREAT news that the wire is there for turn signals!!!

Procrastination....

________2013 4C Rated__________

what tow mirrors did you end up going with? .,. maybe the ones you bought are in stock.

Legend

Blog Entries

The Kool Vues -- I purchased them from Discount Auto Mirror. They cost about $135 each. Click the link below and scroll down. You will find both the left and right mirrors near the bottom.

http://www.discountautomirrors.com/c...e)&Ns=price3|0

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    The Kool Vues -- I purchased them from Discount Auto Mirror. They cost about $135 each. Click the link below and scroll down. You will find both the left and right mirrors near the bottom.

http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=1623+10557+4294962483&Nr=AND(part:Mirror,brand: Kool%20Vue)&Ns=price3|0
    Thanks will order early next week ! How hard was the install? I think I read somewhere that on the nbs you have to take the door panel off to get to the wire harness connector??

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randomsandwhich View Post
    Thanks will order early next week ! How hard was the install? I think I read somewhere that on the nbs you have to take the door panel off to get to the wire harness connector??
    They were supereasy to install...once you do the first one, the second goes even faster. It took me about 45 minutes to do both. Here is a thread that explains it somewhat. There is also a thread out there that goes into more details w/pictures, but cannot find right now.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-my-07-3500-HD

TIRES:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast