GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 2004 to 2006 Grille swap.. what to do with the Hood?

I got a very good deal on a 2006 Grille for my truck.
    I thought everything would fit right, but when I put the new grille on, I found out that the 2004 hood doesn't fit on the grille properly and there is a pretty decent sized gap.

I can't seem to find any 2006 hoods in my area at all.
    Really don't want to get a new one right now..

So, I was wondering if anyone had any input on this..

Would putting a aftermarket "bug deflector" that fits a 2006 onto my 2004 fill the gap? Or would it probably not even fit?

Thats really weird it doesn't fit. Grill and truck 1500?

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

It fits, it just leaves a gap.
    I'm not certian as to where this grill came from. I got it from an auto body place that had it sitting on their shelves.

There's a picture of it.. you can see the gap that I'm talking about / trying to fill.
    My truck is a 2004 Silverado (1500, 5.3L V8, Automatic, Ext. cab/6.5' bed)

Wow, thats really strane, considering the 04 and 06 trucks are pretty much the same. But judging from the picture, I think a bug deflector would cover the gap in the hood.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I don't think so.. I think as soon as you close the hood you will brake the bug shield..I think you should put back on the old grill Paint the power bar the color of the truck and paint the grill flat black. Or add a Stainless steel Billet grill to it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

X2, at least 3 of the bug shields mounting points will be where the gap is, leaving the shield unsupported. Even if you manage to close the hood without breaking it, it will undoubtedly vibrate badly at speed. If you want the '06 look you are going to have to spring for the hood.
    Adam