GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Glad nobody was hurt!

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

First of all, Thanks so much for everyone who has offered advice and condolences, it's not really do-it-yourself when you have god only knows how many 100's of years of combined experience in a place like this.

How do I clean my maf, there is oil in the screen.....I've already read to not use brakleen, so is this a legitimate warning or is it just to sell some snake oil?

oil did get into the air box and up the intake tubing, there was also a small amount in the throttle body...I can use brake clean in the plastic tubing though right?

You can also see the passenger side plugs (2,4,6,8?) did have oil in them, battery is on charger right now, will roll over engine shortly, already got 7 fresh quarts of mobile 1 in her.

Thanks again everyone.....I'm hopin' for a good update here in a few.

Battery still not charged, waitin' one more day......

the anticipation.....it's killing me.

Use sensor safe MAS/MAF cleaner on the MAF and related intake tubing, it should have no problem cleaning the oil out.
    You can wipe the tubing with a rag but dont use a rag on the MAF just spray it and let it drain out.
    Hose down the throttle body with cleaner while your at it.
    I prefer CRC cleaners myself but there are others on the market just as good.
    Brakleen will deteriorate plastic parts and mess up the screen on the MAF.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_A View Post
    Glad nobody was hurt!
    X2 on that. I do aquite a bit of off-roading myself and that is some scary stuff. Glad you are in one piece and able to type about it!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Yeah x2 on the CRC! also the only brand I use! It looks like that was one sharp burban before it was rolled over too! Hope its starts good tomoro!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Use sensor safe MAS/MAF cleaner on the MAF and related intake tubing, it should have no problem cleaning the oil out.
    You can wipe the tubing with a rag but dont use a rag on the MAF just spray it and let it drain out.
    Hose down the throttle body with cleaner while your at it.
    I prefer CRC cleaners myself but there are others on the market just as good.
    Brakleen will deteriorate plastic parts and mess up the screen on the MAF.
    yup, I used MAF cleaner, 2 cans of it....got everything spotless...prolly go over it one more time before it's all said and done just to be sure.

Battery just got here.....gonna crank it over a few times, and get those plugs back in!

*crosses fingers*

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Yeah x2 on the CRC! also the only brand I use! It looks like that was one sharp burban before it was rolled over too! Hope its starts good tomoro!
    Thx man, she sure was.....but she'll be back...I'm just hopin it's the easy road....get some glass back on her and massage some body panels....just hopin that engine fires up....that's the big thing...as long as that hearts still beatin' she's gonna be back kickin' ass soon.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Ok, battery is good, It's an optima gel-cell so no worries about acid in the engine compartment and whatnots, she turned over just fine, ran it for about 30 seconds with the plugs out, plugs goin' back in now.....bout 45 minutes......we're gonna see what we get.

Awesome Can't wait to hear the results! Good signs so far!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

First try.....(click pic for vids)

Sooo good.....let her warm up a bit, got the lap top out to double check some stuff....everything looked ok.

Thanks again everyone who's helped out with my questions.....looks like its time to start figurin' out the body work and glass replacement......godamn I'm a happy guy right now.
    Last edited by TexasChris; 11-17-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Had a fella come inspect the body to make sure my lines were still straight enough....they are...glass goes back in sometime in the next 2 days....she should be sealed back up by saturday.

Now about those dents.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast