GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: head unit help

Jr. Apprentice

Default head unit help

what is the best head unit for the price that will fit in a 2000 chevy silverado

Master Mechanic

i'm not sure what all you are looking for but i just bought the dual 7" motorized dvd/cd player from meijers store for $200. its got preouts and ipod ready and more amp preouts then i'd ever use. so far for the money and what it does i'm very happy with it!!

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

x2...on not knowing what your looking for??.....I would go to Crutchfield's Web Site....there you can see what stereo unit will fit and is within your budget.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

What are you looking for in a radio? Nav,Ease of use? Preouts for adding amps? Great sound? Long lasting? Please let us know...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

X3 there are so many options and budget has a big effect! BTW my dual headunit had the motor go out on it. Wasn't very happy with it but it looked sweet while it lasted.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

A word to the wise.. Dual,Jenson and a Few other of those Walmart brands like Ferinheight (spelling). Are all made by the same factory in China. I would stick with Kenwood, Pioneer (head unit only) Or Alpine..For your 2000 Din 1/2 If you want a good flip out screen Kenwood is the way to go..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The radio's in the 00's are the same as my 03 right? Mine's a double din

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

02 was the last year for GM trucks to be din and 1/2, 03 started the Double Din Radios...

Ok yeah thats right! I was gonna suggest an in dash touchscreen but then that won't fit for him.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    Lots of work left to do!

I got an Alpine ida-x303 head unit(ipod ready) from best Buy for $169 (was regularly $199 but got $30 OFF)installed for free because I also bought speakers. The guy there was top notch and did a great job. Best Buy has a lot of "HIDDEN" discounts the installer kid turned me on to. Like if you buy a head unit and speakers they gave me free install. Ask the installer about these. I then added a Viper 350HV and an Alpine Power pack Amp and got all that installed for free by the Same Installer and got like $30 off the Viper. So I was extremely happy with BB and highly recommend.
    The x303 is a nice unit and the Alpine Power pack Amp(ask HawaiiKid he turned me on to it) is a nice inexpensive power boost if you don't need boom boom sound.
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 11-14-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast