GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: head unit help

Kinda loaded question. It all depends on what you want the head unit to do.

Chris
    2005 Silverado - 4.3L, 5spd Manual, K&N Drop in Filter, Modded Air box
    Kenwood KDC-MP732 Head Unit, Pioneer 760W Amp, 2x 10" MTX Thunder 6000 subs, Uniden PC68XL CB/PA

2004 Cavalier - 2.2L Auto
    Bone Stock

1977 Toyota Celica GT - 20R (2.2L), 5spd, 146,000 Miles all Original (even the clutch)

Jr. Apprentice

i was looking for anything just to play music with a port for an mp3 player jack and that would fit in with no modifing and look good and under 300$

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VIR-3600T.html would this fit??
    Last edited by ThePOPE490; 11-16-2010 at 08:38 PM.

just like others have said you need to figure out your end results. For instance I bought an Alpine CDA105. I got it because it has built in IPOD control, has 3 sets of preamp outputs to run the complete system off of amps, has RCA inputs to allow my flip down DVD player to play clearly through the system, etc. I think it was around $170ish on Amazon and I have loved it so far. Very easy to program and sounds great.

John
    2001 Yukon XL 2500
    8.1 Liter (badged on rear) w/K&N filter
    20" wheels with 305/50/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Alpine deck (w/ipod), Polk speakers, Kicker 700.5 amp, Rockford P3 12" sub, and video screen
    LED tail lights
    Predator tuner
    new carpet and seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

A good flip out from Kenwood,Pioneer or Alpine without Nav will run you about $399+.. You should be able to find a Jenson for under $250.00..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3silverado View Post
    enkeiavalanche, for your info jensen is made in the united states by audiovox corporation not china like you said and its definitely not a walmart brand, i got my jensen double din 8 inch motorized screen for 550$ thats not cheap and walmart doesnt even sell it so, get you facts right buddy...
    who are you kidding????????? Get your facts right before you post something like that!!!!!! Audiovox might own jensen but 90% of what they sell is made in china and other 3rd world party's.....they import more stuff from who ever cheap co they can find to make it...this is why you can find 3 brands with the same units.. They are all made in the same factory overseas......so go back to your walmart and get some more cheap stuff... Read the box!!!!!! And when you are in the 12 volt for over 20 years then let me know.. When you have worked for a large 12 volt co then talk.....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    who are you kidding????????? Get your facts right before you post something like that!!!!!! Audiovox might own jensen but 90% of what they sell is made in china and other 3rd world party's.....they import more stuff from who ever cheap co they can find to make it...this is why you can find 3 brands with the same units.. They are all made in the same factory overseas......so go back to your walmart and get some more cheap stuff... Read the box!!!!!! And when you are in the 12 volt for over 20 years then let me know.. When you have worked for a large 12 volt co then talk.....

Well I guess he went Back to Walmart and looked at a Jensen Box.. And Guess what it said?????? Thank you have a nice day....

Swing on over to www.crutchfield.com Pop in your info and voila. Lists everything that will fit you can just about anything. If you buy a head unit from them you will get all the needed install gear for the head unit. Oh. and crutchfield has pretty fair prices. They also got great videos, reviews and how to guides to help you out. I've ordered from them numerous times and mo issues yet ! Got any questions give them a ring and one of there techs will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I imagine Jensen is manufatured in China....Hell China paractically owns the good ol USA....If you got one of those fancy Stimulus checks while back you can thank China.

However, Jensen was started by peter jensen in the early 1900's and somewhere they sold out to china along with Orion, Soundstream, linear Power, Lanzar, PPI ........

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3silverado View Post
    ENKEIAVALANCHE, For Your Info Jensen Is Made In The United States By Audiovox Corporation Not China Like You Said And Its Definitely Not A Walmart Brand, I Got My Jensen Double Din 8 Inch Motorized Screen For 550$ Thats Not Cheap And Walmart Doesnt Even Sell It So, Get You Facts Right Buddy...
    $550 is cheap for for double din flip up screen....You can order a Clarion Flip up screen for $799 off Wlamarts website.

Jensen/Audiovox are based here but they have plants in Mexico...this save on labor an allows for the lower priced audio systems. Not much is made in the USA anymore...sad.

You remind me of my Kids...the refuse to believe that someone who may have been around the block a few more times actually knows something.

My first Audio system was an Alpine Head Unit, Lanzar Mids and tweets, and two 12" Lanzar subs in a ported box and a couple Alpine amps when I graduated High School in 1989....I swear that old crap was better than most of the stuff out there now...but what do I know.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

LOL what electronics product ISN"T manufactured/assembled in China, Taiwan, Japan, or some other asian or south american country?

If it is a good product it is a good product no matter where it is made. Good stuff and bad stuff is made every where.
    Judge the quality of the product regardless of where it is made.

I just looked at my boxes.
    Viper 350HV Made In China
    Alpine ida-x303 Designed by Alpine Japan, Made In Thailand
    Alpine SPS-600 Designed by Alpine USA, Made in China

I am happy with all of these products as to quality and performance, value etc.
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 11-19-2010 at 01:29 PM.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet