GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: head unit help

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    I imagine Jensen is manufatured in China....Hell China paractically owns the good ol USA....If you got one of those fancy Stimulus checks while back you can thank China.

However, Jensen was started by peter jensen in the early 1900's and somewhere they sold out to china along with Orion, Soundstream, linear Power, Lanzar, PPI ........

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

$550 is cheap for for double din flip up screen....You can order a Clarion Flip up screen for $799 off Wlamarts website.

Jensen/Audiovox are based here but they have plants in Mexico...this save on labor an allows for the lower priced audio systems. Not much is made in the USA anymore...sad.

You remind me of my Kids...the refuse to believe that someone who may have been around the block a few more times actually knows something.

My first Audio system was an Alpine Head Unit, Lanzar Mids and tweets, and two 12" Lanzar subs in a ported box and a couple Alpine amps when I graduated High School in 1989....I swear that old crap was better than most of the stuff out there now...but what do I know.

That older stuff was better.. And some of it was made here in the Good Ol US.... JL Audio does make and build about 75% of their stuff here. I have seen it being made many times down in Fla.. BUT some is made over seas for a better price BUT to their specs... While Co's like Audiovox and Jensen are more or wholesale Co's they go to trade shows over seas and find some one that builds a Cheap screen or radio and talks to them about how many can they get for a CHEAP price and put my name on it....Alpine also has things build over seas But it is to their specs...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

What do you mean by "sold out to china"?
    Are you saying jensen was sold to a Chinese corporation or that some/most of their stuff (just like every other electronics co) is made out of the U.S. Because Jensen is owned by Audiovox which trades on the Nasdaq. Audiovox acquired jensen in 2003 along with Advent and Acoustic research from recoton Corporation.
    Many companies (a ****load) are still U.S. owned american companies but have manufacturing or assembly overseas or in other countries.

Your GM vehicle has parts made all over the place. There are assembly plants in mexico and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post

However, Jensen was started by peter jensen in the early 1900's and somewhere they sold out to china along with Orion, Soundstream, linear Power, Lanzar, PPI ........[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 11-19-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

I'm not sure about the older model chevy dash opening, But I installed an Alpine CDA-105 and it was completely flush with the rear of the dash. So basically it doesnt fit! im going to have to cut out the back with a dremel. Be careful with the measurements!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123