GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I tried to find an official website from the state that explained the proposed "Super Speeder Law" heres the best I could find:
    http://blog.grahamsyfert.com/
    Essentially the new law adds to your fine if your caught going over 85mph on a 4 lane or wider highway or 75mph on a 2 lane roadway.
    I'm sure theres other stipulations in the law but these are the issues that seem to have everyone upset over the new law.

Personally I dont have an issue with this law because I feel if you violate the law be ready to pay, there is a posted speed limit and it's your responsibility to not only know it but to obey it.
    Yes I do occaisionally speed but as I get older I'm finding the speed violations I commit are lower than they were say 10 years ago, if I'm running 65-70 in a 60mph zone its a very rare day, I usually set the cruise at 64/65 and leave it at that.
    Once in a great while I'll run my bike as fast as 80+, but again I know the speed limit and if I get caught it's my fault.
    I've become a firm believer of leave the high speeds on the track where you and the other drivers are prepared for them.
    I also stay around the speed limit because of points on my CDL and keep my driving record clear . Nothing is worth it to me putting my life and others at risk but I see it everyday,everywhere people driving stupid. It's never going to get any better , just dodge em and avoid tragedy the best I can
    2012 4.8 LS

Are you talking bout the people on i 20 doing 40 in the left lane
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Are you talking bout the people on i 20 doing 40 in the left lane
    Funny you should mention this, I recently had a discussion with a friend in Law Enforcement about this very issue, most states have a minimum speed limit too but officers rarely ticket drivers for violating this law because most of them dont feel its a problem, the safety issue is only with those driving to fast.
    Another issue that for some reason really bothers me is drivers putting on their warning flashers and driving down the highway, if you have an issue important enough to turn the warning flashers on shouldnt you get off the road and take care of the issue instead of driving along like everythings just great?
    Most times these drivers are in the center lanes running about 10 miles an hour under the speed limit being their own little hazard area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Another issue that for some reason really bothers me is drivers putting on their warning flashers and driving down the highway, if you have an issue important enough to turn the warning flashers on shouldnt you get off the road and take care of the issue instead of driving along like everythings just great?
    Most times these drivers are in the center lanes running about 10 miles an hour under the speed limit being their own little hazard area.
    Only time I ever see this is when it's a Volunteer Fireman/woman heading to the station, and they are usually going faster than the posted speed.

IMO, if you are doing 30 over, you deserve to pay more money. There is no reason to be going that fast over the posted speed limit....unless of course it's a dire emergency which even then, an amberlamps is probably the proper choice rather than racing to the hospital or whatever yourself.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I think if you have a vehicle that is meant to be driven hard and fast, then do it, if not don't have the car. I understand most people can't handle cars or motorcycles like that, but for those who have riden and raced there whole lives 100 is like 25. And I'm not gunna slow down on the highway until gsp and asp decide to follow the laws as well I got pasted by a cop doing at least 100 with no lights on. Pretty sure the law applies to everyone. And until they Follow it neither will I. I no I'm a jerk. Only when it comes to this matter tho
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Legend

Blog Entries

These laws were put into place to curb the Street Raciing that is growing fast. My position on this is if you want to race, take it to the track or drag strip. There is no place for it on public highways and it jeopardizes the innocent citizen trying to drive responsibly!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

I'm at the track as often as possible but I live in bama and my race car is in ga, but I've had to many friend pushed into walls and out of there lanes by people in cars who don't pay attention, I've had a friend die because a person didn't look in there side view mirror to get over on I 85 and knocked him off his bike and under another car. We were only doing 65 when this happen I was lucky enough to be 5 feet behind him. So I guess Ill just say I don't speed if cars are around me. I wouldn't want to do what I've seen people do
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12