GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Soft Tonneau Cover Rack

I saw one of these on the road the other day. Looks exactly like what I need, lower than a roof rack, and gives me a place to load the bikes or extra baggage when traveling. Unfortunately the price is out of my range. Anyone have one, or know of anything similar?

This is the website with more information.
    http://www.prorac.com/softtonneau.php

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yakima has there tower racks, but they too are pricey and they aren't even as adjustable as these that you have posted. I have never seen anything like this, but being that it's for a full size Chevy price is going to be high no matter what unfortunately.

Blog Entries

looks great and pretty useable-----OI wonder how much a welding shop would charge to do the framework, then you could attach items with brackets of whatever size you choose.I agree that new would probably be expensive, but an item like this would probably pay for itself just in its use alone ----Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Yakima has there tower racks, but they too are pricey and they aren't even as adjustable as these that you have posted. I have never seen anything like this, but being that it's for a full size Chevy price is going to be high no matter what unfortunately.
    I'm not sure why they show different heights. The one I saw wasn't adjustable, that I could tell, unless they sell you different length supports. I like the low one because it sits high enough over the cover, but not so high over the roof line. I thought the price of this was pretty high, and am sure Yakima or Thule versions will be even more expensive. I used to buy my roof racks for under $100...but that was in the mid 90s. Nowadays you're looking at $500 and up for a basic system, yikes.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silverhobey View Post
    looks great and pretty useable-----OI wonder how much a welding shop would charge to do the framework, then you could attach items with brackets of whatever size you choose.I agree that new would probably be expensive, but an item like this would probably pay for itself just in its use alone ----Brian
    I agree 100%. Looks pretty straightforward. I don't know how they justify $500+ for something that looks so simple.