GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default time for new tires

time for new tires on my truck...i'm looking for some help on what you guys are running and what your happy with i like the look of a mud terrain better than an all terrain but my truck doesnt touch mud so its not needed...what you guys suggest?
    2004 chevy silverado "northwest edition" lifted on 35's

1990 cherokee lifted on 32's

Legend

Blog Entries

Over the course of 2 GM 4x4 trucks and several years, I have only run BFG A/Ts. I have not had any problems with them at all. Beyond typical city driving, I use them for long road trips as well as moderate off-roading. While off-roading, I air them down to about 20lbs and they perform great. When driving in the city or on road trips, the tires are quiet, relatively speaking, and drive nicely.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

X2 on the BFG AT's, I've had mine for about 3500 miles and they're great, fairly aggressive tread but still very quiet on-road. Plus, they look really good at a distance, which is always a plus.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Master Mechanic

if you want the look of a mud terrain but an all terrain i've got the kelly tsr's and i love them!!! they are listed as a ruggid all terrain. any they weren't really expensive. just one option to take a look at

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

I have the BFG T/A KO's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic...rrain+T%2FA+KO

I love them. They do it all. I have had a few sets on my old jeep and I just bought a set for my new 2010 GMC. I am glad I did as they are running so smooth and quiet and straight. Great on the highway, quiet for an AT tire, excellent handling, they last 60K +, are good in snow, sand, rain, offroad, they have won more offroad races than any other tire, they are tough as nails with one of the strongest sidewalls, they are the most popular best selling AT tire in the U.S. by highest sales, and they look great. Tested, proven, Tried and true. What else do you need?
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 11-15-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Blog Entries

i love my nitto trail grapplers and the way look. i do have to say they ride great
    2003 chevy silverado ext. cab short bed 5.3 auto
    6" pro comp lift / 3" body lift / "2.5 torison key / 4" flip shackle
    24x12 chrome kmc chrome rockstars on a 38/13.50 nitto trail grappler
    range rover front in / grant kustomz rollpan
    2.5% tint all the way around