GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: vyellow

Hybrid View

Default vyellow

Hey guys!
    I have a 2wd 2002 silverado ex cab w/ 5.3 litre california spec. Need to get new shocks prior to a trip to Montana in late spring or early summer. I occassionaly pull a 19 foot runabout w/ kids and stuff for the lake. I will be pulling quite a load this summer helping my dad move. Have about 150,000 miles on it. Any suggested preventive maintenance at this mileage?
    Thanks!
    VW

Welcome to the club! Well I just hit the 100,000 mile mark and changed spark plugs, engine oil, filter, and rear diff clean and fluid change (that was the best thing, it was so dirty and oil was all runny, good idea to do before towing). Another thing I'd say before a long trip is make sure everything is good and lubed up especially U joints and front end.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the club.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Along with the normal stuff (spark plugs, fluid changes) I would remove the throttlebody and clean both sides with a t/body cleaner and old soft toothbrush, DO NOT use carb cleaner. Get some CRC MAF cleaner (in the silver can) and clean the MAF. Also don't forget the fuel filter.

x2 on the MAF cleaner!