GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i did do the climate control, cargo lamp switch, and headlamp switch as well, im sure i posted pics a while back, hmmmm, i might have to find them again and repost them, but i didnt solder in a red led, so thus i lack the red in my climate control, the headlight switch is a tower bulb base i found online, but the deal with that whole assembly is that the incandescant bulb is surrounded by some sort of acrylic/plastic filling that wraps around to the parking/headlamp that illuminates to show theyre on, so basically when you put an led in it kind of fades away towards the headlamp light, because leds are so directional, and the cargo lamp switch i had to desolder the bulb and solder in an and led/resistor combo like the climate controls, im pretty sure pmf has a good guide on the stuff, if i remember correctly it helped me out too lol, i will try to post some pics as soon as i can
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Just ordered 5 more LEDs today from superbrightleds.com in Cool White which is almost like a very light shade of blue while still being white but not pure white. Gonna buy the sockets tomorrow probably and have them waiting to go when the bulbs get here. I'll post up some pictures when I get them in.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Looks great man, good job...............

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    i did do the climate control, cargo lamp switch, and headlamp switch as well, im sure i posted pics a while back, hmmmm, i might have to find them again and repost them, but i didnt solder in a red led, so thus i lack the red in my climate control, the headlight switch is a tower bulb base i found online, but the deal with that whole assembly is that the incandescant bulb is surrounded by some sort of acrylic/plastic filling that wraps around to the parking/headlamp that illuminates to show theyre on, so basically when you put an led in it kind of fades away towards the headlamp light, because leds are so directional, and the cargo lamp switch i had to desolder the bulb and solder in an and led/resistor combo like the climate controls, im pretty sure pmf has a good guide on the stuff, if i remember correctly it helped me out too lol, i will try to post some pics as soon as i can

If you can find the link to where the pics are that would be great, I have been searching looking for pics of led conversions for the switches around the dach ( cargo, head light switch, ac switch) and it looks like 2-3 people have done them, but no pics of the dissasembly or work needed to make the change)

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    If you can find the link to where the pics are that would be great, I have been searching looking for pics of led conversions for the switches around the dach ( cargo, head light switch, ac switch) and it looks like 2-3 people have done them, but no pics of the dissasembly or work needed to make the change)

I didn't take pics of mine, but the climate controls are easy. My write-up has step-by-step instructions and I'm always here to consult if you need a hand on it. BUT, last time i checked, nobody on GMTC had taken pictures of swapping the climate controls to LEDs. I know there are pictures of the procedure on other GM truck forums, but I can't remember which ones, so you'd have to do a bit of searching.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2428456988.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	45499

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4167077231.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	45500

This is my setup, it's my stock cluster with an escalade rebuild, soldered all white LED lights, the. Did the steering wheel controls.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123