GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Body roll....

Default Body roll....

i have body roll that i feel is excessive. when i hit the curb pulling in to my drive way 1-2 mph the truck rocks side to side 2-4 times befor coming to a rest. also when im driving and i turn a corner and i jerk the wheel a lil bit the truck makes it look like im spazzing out behind the wheel! hahaha. i was wondering if its the shocks, springs, or need a rear sway bar? i did replace the front shocks with cheapest auto zone set. i dont put chity stuff on my truck! i was just trying to see if this would solve the problem befor i threw some $$$$ name brand stuff in there!

i have a 2006 chevy silverado ext cab 2wd with 110,000 miles, stock suspension and stock rims and tires. i also have a fiberglass tonneau cover, aluminum toolbox in the bed with maybe 40-50lbs of stuff. (just so u know whats been added to the truck weight wise)
    Please help!!!

Thanks,
    Jason
    2006 silverado 1500 LT1 4X2 ecsb 6.0L, front mount T76 turbo intercooled, Detroit true trac, 3.23, Chevrolet black chrome 20"s, Nelson performance tune! magna flow muffler with dual exhaust with QTP cut out. ET-14.001 @100mph spinning.....

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Jason, I think you're just "spazzin" out when you're drivin ha ha ha..
    Seriously I think it's your shocks. Shocks are exactly what is suppose to counteract the springs & body bounce in these situations. I don't think putting an anti-sway bar on the rear would be your answer because there are millions of trucks without rear s bars that do not do this. See if Autozone will allow you to return the cheapo shocks & use the refund $$ to buy good shocks.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Thanks for the help! Im not worried about the refund. il just buy 4 new shocks, god knows the factory ones are well worn out! 110K! What do u think about bilstein shocks? or should i go with KBY Excel-G? another brand?

I probly wont be able to do the shocks this week, bec im preping my travel trailer to go hunting/camping this week!

Thanks, jason
    2006 silverado 1500 LT1 4X2 ecsb 6.0L, front mount T76 turbo intercooled, Detroit true trac, 3.23, Chevrolet black chrome 20"s, Nelson performance tune! magna flow muffler with dual exhaust with QTP cut out. ET-14.001 @100mph spinning.....

I agree with Stephan.....A Good Set of Stocks will help with some of your concerns re-guarding the way your truck handles.......some of the Shocks to look at are ......Bilsteins......Edelbrock IAS......Rancho......Monroe,

I have the Edelbrock IAS.....and for my Truck these Shocks have helped with Body Roll, went Cornering and in Overall ride Comfort.......they have been the Best shocks I've every had on any Vehicle!!

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dontlookforme View Post
    Thanks for the help! Im not worried about the refund. il just buy 4 new shocks, god knows the factory ones are well worn out! 110K! What do u think about bilstein shocks? or should i go with KBY Excel-G? another brand?

I probly wont be able to do the shocks this week, bec im preping my travel trailer to go hunting/camping this week!

Thanks, jason
    I agree with 99Heartbeat that the Edelbrock shocks are great, BUT from what I've heard they are stiff (while being great for handling and performance). I just bought Rancho 9000XL's to replace my old shocks, and they make a huge difference-also, being able to change the ride is a huge advantage. As it sits right now its way too stiff for a long cross country drive but perfect for corners

Good luck!

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

X3 with '99Heartbeat about the Edelbrock IAS's. I have the non-reservoir and the dual remote reservoir on my lifted '05 Z-71 and they work great in the corners. Also I'd check the front swaybar bushing because of age and miles.