GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by

That was one of the major selling points on my Gary Fisher actually. They're low end disk and it's still amazing how much better they stop.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Hey,I'm about to buy a 1998 Reynolds 853 Jamis Dragon that I can't afford.
    Anyone interested in some Hugi 240 disc wheels. One is a 517 one rim is some other brand.
    They are very light wheels-$300 in NOLA
    They are currently on a NRS AIR fully suspended 15.5' frame-$500 in NOLA-heck the wheels are worth over 1/2 that.
    Either one- let me know.The NRS has a fancy linked suspension that removes BOB when pedaling.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Well the Mountain Biking is really very adventures.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

DT Swiss 240 26" wheelsET -$200 NOLA
    NRS- $450 NOLA 15.5" - no BOB linkage full suspension
    Too many bikes!
    Contact me here- or phoebeisis at a o l dot com
    Thanks
    Charlie

Hey Phoebeisis you wouldn't happen to know of any old road bikes just rusting away in a junk yard somewhere would you? I'm looking for a project bike mainly to ride around campus on. 2" wide tires get hard to pedal after a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    I completely agree, Cheez. Mountain biking is a GREAT stress reliever. I got really into it for a while. I have a Trek 820 with Shimano XT hubs, Mavic rims, Shimano Altus rear derailleur, and clipless/platform pedals (clipless on one side and platform on the other... its a great way to provide extra functionality to your bike).

I used to go out quite a bit but I had a serious problem of continuing after several miles of riding had me pretty warn out. That's never a good idea because you lose concentration. I wrecked out and tacoed my front wheel (which led me to the purchase of XT hub/Mavic Rim set up). A few months later I took on a trail that was a little too advanced for me and I wrecked out pretty badly. Ended up flipping over my bike and tore every ligament in my left shoulder causing my clavicle to completely separate from my shoulder blade. It was the absolute worst pain I have ever felt (even worse than fracturing my ankle in 3 places playing high school football back in the day). Needless to say, I haven't been back out in a while. I'm sure I'll mount back up before too long, though!
    Ouch, how is it that I just read this? Sorry dude.

I'm just getying back into biking as my oldest is getying better on his ride.it's 20 years old with ancient dynamo gears and components.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Haha, unfortunately, it's part of the game. It all healed up pretty well and I only have occasional discomfort (I wouldn't call it pain). The good news is that the sports injuries doctor actually said it should make my shoulder more elastic and giving to impact. In that sense, my shoulder is less likely to be hurt than it was before the accident. LoL.

Anyway, I'm glad you're getting back into biking. It's a great hobby and a lot of fun. It's certainly my favorite way to exercise. I love being outdoors and you can see some beautiful scenery on a mountain bike.

Legend

Cheez
    The flippers around here are trying to sell all kinds of POS old road bikes for more than they sold new 30 years ago.

Vincennes- whoooooo the DESCRIPTION alone hurts my shoulder!! Glad you are on the mend!
    Just got back from my ride. I've had to cut back a bit the last 2 weeks- have/had a horrendous cold/cough-finally getting over it!
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Cheez
    The flippers around here are trying to sell all kinds of POS old road bikes for more than they sold new 30 years ago.

Vincennes- whoooooo the DESCRIPTION alone hurts my shoulder!! Glad you are on the mend!
    Just got back from my ride. I've had to cut back a bit the last 2 weeks- have/had a horrendous cold/cough-finally getting over it!
    Charlie
    Ahh well that's lame. I just want something to project on in my down time.

The cold thing seems detrimental to a good bike ride also. With all this pollen I would believe it though...

So mtn biking is a lot like owning a truck. You're never quite done adding on or changing out. Well recently I've been feeling the same way about biking. So on it's way is a 2011 Tommaso Tiempo road bike in blue! Can't wait! Any recent changes to you guys biking setup?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 Last Post byLast Post by