GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Dink in rear bumper....

so i have a little dink in my rear bumper from trying to pull a retard out of a ditch....he never pushed the brakes...and put it in reverse when i told him to put it in neutral...so now i am stuck with this ugly thing in my bumper and im wondering if any of you guys know how to get it out? the bumper is pretty think metal. (2000 silverado 1500) i went to my friend to see what he could do and he said i would have to buy a new bumper because the metal is so think that if he tried to hit it out, it would just make things look worse.

does anyone have another solution to this problem? i hate looking at it everyday....

How about a picture of the dinked bumper. May not be able to repair and may have to replace.

Have you tried pulling your little dink out of your bumper?
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

what would i use to pull it out with? the metal is pretty thick

This is really hard to give advice when we cant see what the problem is. Maybe if you post a pic of the "dink" then we can give you a better idea...
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab
    8in ProComp Suspension Lift, 4in Shackle Flip Kit, 3in Performance Products Body Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal wheels, 35x12.50x17 ProComp Xterrains, K&N cold air intake kit, Custom 3in exhaust, GoRhrino Black spring loaded steps, Truxedo Bed Cover, "SS" style Instrument Cluster with blue pointers and Trans Temp Gauge, JVC indash touchscreen DVD player, 2 MTX 10in subwoofers, Sony Xplode 1000watt amp, Radio Shack CB with dual black whips, Optima yellow top battery

What about the company that can fix small dents for $100. I can't remember the name, but any single walled metal can be fixed as long as the paint isn't chipped. I think it's called Dent Magic or something like that. They typically fix dings in your sheet metal, but I'd imagine if the dink is small enough that they might be able to fix it.