GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default painted black stock wheels

I went ahead and tried the Plasti-Dip spray on one of my stock wheels and I am really debating on actually going through with it with all of them, let me know what you guys think....

'07 LT Z71 5.3 | Rancho | Falken | 6k HID | Fuel Offroad

Sr. Engineer

Looks like it has merit. Pull the tape off and put it back on and then post a picture with it installed. Thought about doing the same as the tire wieghts have really messed up the edges on mine.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

I think it looks pretty damn good. If you do want to do the rest, I would take the tires to get re-balanced and have the weights put inside the wheel.

________2013 4C Rated__________

I like the look!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

not bad at all! id say go ahead and finish, or x2 on installing the one wheel and see if you like it once its on your truck. nice work man
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab LT
    20 inch Incubus Wheel
    35 Pro Comp Xtreme A/T
    Zone Offroad 6.5 suspension lift
    Dual Flowmaster Super 40s (Turn Downs)
    Low profile tool box
    Diablo Predator Programmer

wow, looks good. That made a big difference. X3 on taking the tape off and puting it back on the truck.

2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L V8, 15% Tint, Black bowties

I like that look. I wonder what it would look like if you left the part between the spokes unpainted, or maybe even the stripe through the middle of the spoke.

Yeah... Looks great to me, man. I agree, though. Pictures of it on the truck would be awfully helpful.

Legend

Blog Entries

x3 on with the pics on the truck....Sometimes with completely black rims, it can make the combination of black tires and totally black rims look ackward.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quick tip when working with plasti-dip. Remove the tape and paper before it dries. If you wait until it dries, it'll peel all the work you just did off the wheel......

Anyway, Looks great. Would love to see it mounted up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast